·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,246 Posts
The fruit is really out and about today with this exciting news

:banana: :cucumber: :pepper: :carrot: :apple: :banana2:

·
Building Tragic....
142 Posts
Pardon a probably obviously question, could someone please remind me, when does a building 'officially' become under construction?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Pardon a probably obviously question, could someone please remind me, when does a building 'officially' become under construction?
to quote CTBUH

A building is considered to be "Under Construction" once site clearing has been completed and foundation/piling work has begun.

·
6,415 Posts
My finger is twitching on the Edit Thread button, but I'm guessing the piling rig was not actually operational today was it? Just erected and ready to go? Maybe worzil can comfirm. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will rumble to life and I can have the honour of changing the thread title to "u.c" for Australia's first* supertall.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
SOUTHBANK > 70 Southbank Blvd - Australia 108 > 317m / 100L / residential / s...

Keep that finger twitching Oriolus .. She is absolutely ready to roll ..

Almost as tall as Eureka that Enteco E25 MD !! As chemical brothers would say their finger .. is on the button ..

Not sure how she's gonna pile around those newly laid construction huts but I'm sure the BM boys have it covered ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
SOUTHBANK > 70 Southbank Blvd - Australia 108 > 317m / 100L / residential / s...

UPDATE: The mother of all drill bit sets just arrived ..

Spoke to a very excited BM guy (who was also taking photos) and got some stats:

- Drilling to 58.8m

- Bluestone at 48m

- 1.2m wide drill head

- Piling will commence in next week or two once it's all assembled

No wonder it will take 6 months to pile this mother. I knew they were waiting for more kit when the site was shut over weekend !

EDIT: I was wrong about the drill head size it's the smallest one that's 1.2m the others are even bigger like 1.5m+ !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
My finger is twitching on the Edit Thread button, but I'm guessing the piling rig was not actually operational today was it? Just erected and ready to go? Maybe worzil can comfirm. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will rumble to life and I can have the honour of changing the thread title to "u.c" for Australia's first* supertall.
Keeping a close eye on this!
If they don't start tomorrow or Friday it's next Thursday at the earliest due to Cup Weekend shutdown.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
A few forumers have mentioned our tagger mate 'Nost' and it's good to know the little f---ker's already been to 108. I'd like to string him up by his balls tbh. I've also seen plenty of his work in South Yarra so he believes in spreading his work around.

2141 - 2160 of 6548 Posts