SkyscraperCity banner

6441 - 6460 of 6569 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Redden, it's been like that for over a month on the west side. But your photo shows exactly what I was referring to regarding the skylight. Look at the penthouse glass in the close up shot slightly left of centre and you can see 3 glass panels on the ceiling.
Maybe Australia's highest 'sky garden' :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey Redden, it's been like that for over a month on the west side. But your photo shows exactly what I was referring to regarding the skylight. Look at the penthouse glass in the close up shot slightly left of centre and you can see 3 glass panels on the ceiling.
I see what you mean now. Not sure it’s a skylight though as you cant see the sky through it. Looks to me like the underside of a bond deck panel.

Also, is the penthouse at this level? If you look at the levels below there are louvres for a plantroom. The top level is often the roof the an extended curtain wall as the parapet.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The paraphet is simply the last LED white stripe. The penthouse is directly below the roof concrete slab. It appears that the 2nd top floor has some mechanical areas to the south, but the rest of that floor should also be the penthouse which has a portion facing north that is split level

·
Registered
Sun-kissed Beach Bum
1,243 Posts

·
Master Louis
507 Posts
I can't wait for green spine to go up, and whatever crown decides to build. 108 is great but it really does dominate from pretty much every vantage point, even from the north. Needs to be balanced out a little bit

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The canary island palms in the garden levels that are restrained by the cyclone fencing, are they miniture ones, or full growth and is that cyclone fencing permanent or temporary?

Just a question for those who may be in the know.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It's 30 years ago nothing there any at all then they end up 100 storeys Australia 108 Tower and 91 storeys Eureka Tower it's only three most floors in Australia with Brisbane SkyTower which have 90 storeys anyone plan next one? 102 storeys?

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
The canary island palms in the garden levels that are restrained by the cyclone fencing, are they miniture ones, or full growth and is that cyclone fencing permanent or temporary?

Just a question for those who may be in the know.
I took a couple of pics this morning of the palms; I don't know if they're considered "miniature", but they're short, like the ones they planted along Normanby Road, beside the Exhibition Centre. I suspect that the wire is staying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took a couple of pics this morning of the palms; I don't know if they're considered "miniature", but they're short, like the ones they planted along Normanby Road, beside the Exhibition Centre. I suspect that the wire is staying.

Great pics thanks!

Since seeing this angle with the podium (Pic 7) myself a couple of days ago, the non-rounded parts under the star burst finally make more sense to me. I initially hated the fact that they did round the corners all the way but it really is an interesting building that suits the rest of the area. I think walking down Southbank Boulevard from the arts precinct will be an iconic thing to do in 10 years time once the linear park is fully grown, Green Spine is up and so on. A bit like walking around Marina Bay in Singapore. Southbank these days is not enjoyable but walking up to the final bit of the boulevard and seeing Collins Arch across the river is already pretty cool.... a lot of potential

·
Registered
Sun-kissed Beach Bum
1,243 Posts

Thanks Redden - I love modern and heritage building combinations :)

SKYLINE, MELBOURNE © by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

6441 - 6460 of 6569 Posts