1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Edit -

Cross-post :

Approx. 61 levels

EF design as before

308 city road has been revamped, rebranded and has grown with a new design and new developer. Urban Melbourne article on it. It is now 105 Clarendon Street or Shadow Play Apartments: Urban.melbourne forum thread More renders and info in the above links, looks to be just shy of 200m https://urban.melbourne/forum/southbank-105-clarendon-street-shadow-play-apartments-52l
Original post below:
---

Planning Permit application for this site. North-East corner of City Road and CLarendon Streets opposite 109 Clarendon.

42 levels
138m
360 units (90 1 bedders from 35-50m2, rest are 2 bedders from 50-90m2)
198 carparks

by Ellenberg Fraser

fvcken hot, and great from all sides as I've tried to show in the pics...

from north

from west

from east

·
Registered
594 Posts
Planning Permit application for this site. North-East corner of City Road and CLarendon Streets opposite 109 Clarendon.

42 levels
138m
360 units (90 1 bedders from 35-50m2, rest are 2 bedders from 50-90m2)
198 carparks

by Ellenberg Fraser

fvcken hot, and great from all sides as I've tried to show in the pics...

from north

from west

from east
Certainly is dark looking. With less balconies it probably would have been a half decent design. Has similar concepts to yarra's edge tower 5. But its probably going to be a little too bulky for its height. Might make a good companion to Clarendon Towers though.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,283 Posts

thanks
Google Maps

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think its way to dark. The west view with the podium curving around is very nice but as for the rest of it I hope it gets refused especially with that apparently blank wall on the eastern side. What is with all those car parks? its not encouraging the use of public transport and it should be underground. There are ways around the Coode Island Silt Issue but for some reason they just won't spend the time and money.

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,859 Posts
Meh the photos just show as broken links again for me.

Edit: Blah, "Based on your corporate access policies" images blocked.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Reminds me of the Flatiron Building in New York.
I also thought that. It certainly has that profile in the first render in particular.

Its a solid design, but the glass will either make of break it. Not fan of that coloured glass usually, but the design is solid.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Memo to Brady and Central Equity...
It is apparently possible to build a decent building without having at least one wall of solid concrete.
Major kudos to this one.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Will be a welcome, dark and brooding addition to this corner.

Flat iron very much so. Love the curved wraparound windows on the corner.

Hopefully looks as if apartments are wrapping the podium too, which will be a nice change for Southbank.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts