Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Suspended
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ventured into much maligned Southeast DC. The terrain is quite hilly, and many of the neighborhoods have a somewhat disjointed feel. There are lots of housing projects, apartment buildings, and frame houses. The row is not as dominant in this section, although there are areas that have them. There are quite a few derelict properties there, though overall, DC hoods generally don't have the bombed out look that characterizes "the hood" in many other cities.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's about time we got some DC pics that are not on the Mall, in Downtown, or in NW.

If you're looking for blight and "bombed-out areas," head to Northeast DC. Southeast has the roughest reputation, but I would venture to say that northeast has encountered the most problems over the past 10 -15 years.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I was born and spent my first couple years literally across the street from the Frederick Douglass home. I'll always have a sense of nostalgia w/ the east side of the river. NE is denser for the most part and has more housing to be abandoned, but SE is worse and a scarier place to be late at night IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts