Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
"Chinatown" is just a name for Asian themed eat street. It will be a tourist attraction and will activate Southport.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
A lot of Chinese men here also have strange attitudes toward women: won't marry anyone over 30, divorced women are ignored, girl must be a virgin,etc, unrealistic and stupid thinking.

If a women is 28 or over in China she is sheng nv ( maybe sheng nu ) in pin yin, it means "leftover woman". They are considered to be useless here and are not marriageable.

Anyway, no, I don't hate Chinese people, I just don't like many Chinese attitudes, and I don't like the way their society is progressing and the lack of compassion one sees here ( to people, and even worse to animals )

I agree on some of your points, but mind you, the second generation Chinese born in Australia will be completely different from the typical Chinese people, and the third generations won't even speak Chinese and 100% Aussie inside.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
You try telling a Korean, or Japanese that they can go put their shop in Chinatown and watch the reaction. They aren't the same and they don't really get along.
You obviously haven't been to Chinatown.
There is a lot of Japanese/Korean restaurants/shops in Sydney's Chinatown, let alone Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, etc. Chinatown isn't only for Chinese people anymore, it's mixture of all Asian culture. Japanese people love Korean BBQ and Chinese people love Japanese Ramen noodles. Politics doesn't matter in Chinatown.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Definitely starting to look like real paifangs now! I'm curious, do you have any idea when the non-Asian related stores on the eastern side of Young St will go? It doesn't really make sense to walk past these paifangs and then see denture clinics and adult stores...
I don't think you can force them to go?
If someone wants to open a pizza joint in Chinatown, nothing can stop them right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts