SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Made in Indy
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are my shots from a ColDay-guided tour of Cincinnati and a little bit of Dayton. There's so much to see in both cities, in terms of architecture, neighborhoods, etc.; I'll definitely be coming back to Southwest Ohio since one day doesn't do it justice. This trip was a good start as I was able to learn a lot of new things, Dayton in particular was a pleasant surprise.

Some residences in the SF-like neighborhood of Tusculum

Some Hyde Park houses. Although I didn't take many pics of the Hyde Park/Mt. Lookout area, I was impressed with its family friendly characteristics. I saw several families spending their Saturday afternoon in community areas such as Hyde Park Square and Ault Park. These neighborhoods appeal to a demographic you would expect to find only in the suburbs of a lot of other cities.

Moving further west towards downtown, a cityscape from the Walnut Hills neighborhood

A couple corner photos of Walnut Hills

Nice rows in Edgecliff

Mt. Adams views

The sign and the art deco skyscraper remind me of 50th Street in Manhattan

Synagogue in Garfield Place

Beautiful architecture, corner of Race and Vine

Looking north on Walnut, lots of activity

Gotta love the historic Over-the-Rhine canyons

Over-the-Rhine skyline

East Coast feeling

Downtown

Victorian houses in Newport, KY

View from Covington, KY

Covington’s looking good

Back in Cincinnati, don’t remember the neighborhood

Who doesn’t love mansard roofs? Pendleton neighborhood

View from the steps of Union Terminal

Back streets

Skyline from the northside

Glencoe in all its abandoned glory. ColDay was told off by a hipster when he drove the wrong way on a one-way street around this vacant block

Not sure which neighborhood this was taken in

Clifton, college kids

Charming Northside neighborhood

Dayton-Next 3 shots are from the Oregon neighborhood. Surely one of the most organic and Bohemian neighborhoods in the midwest

Downtown, Dayton Arcade in the foreground

Goodnight Dayton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts