SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I dont like them. Only I like the Stalinist sisters in Moscow.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Reactions: Highcliff

·
Redsigert User
11,951 Posts
Nice buildings but what's so SOVIET about them :dunno: Their style is more international then what Russians build today!

·
The Mighty.
3,172 Posts
Some of it just screams communism for some reason eh?
You know that if you saw something like that, didn't know what it was, you can probably point out that it was built under the sphere of influence of the USSR.

·
Redsigert User
11,951 Posts
Some of it just screams communism for some reason eh?
You know that if you saw something like that, didn't know what it was, you can probably point out that it was built under the sphere of influence of the USSR.
No, not really there were more such buildings in the west.

·
Registered
154 Posts
from what I studied, this type of architecture is called russian consructivism, the russian way of modernism. most of these buildings are "workers' clubs" which were basically comunity centres.
the funny thing is one of the famous russian comunity centres was a "Public kitchen", guess what happened to it, or what chain replaced it, McDonalds!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Russian Constructivist architecture

from what I studied, this type of architecture is called russian consructivism, the russian way of modernism. most of these buildings are "workers' clubs" which were basically comunity centres.
the funny thing is one of the famous russian comunity centres was a "Public kitchen", guess what happened to it, or what chain replaced it, McDonalds!
Russian Constructivist architecture:

Reactions: Highcliff
1 - 20 of 68 Posts