SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
17,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
^^ Exactly, me for example I prefer to buy clothes from Zara Spain cuz it's cheaper than Zara in Casa! :lol:

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Yeah, of course, spaniards know zara is much cheaper in Spain, the same as Gap in Usa... and Costa del Sol is a cheap spanish destination, nothing of luxury, only the private areas of Marbella and Sotogrande are really really luxury (from Marbella to the west, places are a bit expensive)
Spanish luxury is in some places of Mallorca and some regions of Canary islands
Yes, Costa del Sol is England

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
The problem is that Morocco is very expensive, that's why many Moroccans prefer spending their vacation in Spain rather than Marrakech or Kabila
Totally agree with you, hotels, clothes and cars are cheaper in Spain.

But why is morocco so expensive?

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Germany is cheaper than Spain, it's a problem of how much of something there's in one place, how much of this is wanted by people, if there are many people who can buy it and if those things have to be imported (if there`s a big network of that products it will be cheaper, if not, more expensive. That's because in the homeland of a brand it's cheaper than outside (no import)
Easier: many things of something=cheaper, not many things=expensive

(in Cuba a new car is absolutely more expensive than in Europe ..)
There are many other things in terms of a economist.. but are a bit difficult

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Germany is cheaper than Spain, it's a problem of how much of something there's in one place, how much of this is wanted by people, if there are many people who can buy it and if those things have to be imported (if there`s a big network of that products it will be cheaper, if not, more expensive. That's because in the homeland of a brand it's cheaper than outside (no import)
Easier: many things of something=cheaper, not many things=expensive

(in Cuba a new car is absolutely more expensive than in Europe ..)
There are many other things in terms of a economist.. but are a bit difficult
I don't think so

I think its the taxes!!

for example:

IVA in Spain is 16% (0% for moroccan tourists because they are not europeans)

TVA in Morocco is 20% (0% for European tourists)

·
Que paza!!!
2,756 Posts
I go every summer to la Costa del Sol, I'm not rich at all! I'm so poor! :lol: :lol:
We have more luxury here in Morocco than la Costa del Sol, the only luxurious place there is Marbella! ;) No 5 stars hotel in Malaga and Torrémolinos, no designer shops...! ;)
I agree with that, but some places in Mijas look luxurius too, and there's already a 5 star hotel under construction in Torremolinos! :)
http://www.hotelcruiser.eu/proyecto_hotel_cruiser_torremolinos.html

·
17,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
:) Thanks! I really love Torrémolinos even if some people say that it's ugly, I'll go there on July 25th! :D :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's saad, because morocco could be a much better turisim country than spain if it whould be devolped!!! We have the best of both worlds!

Morocco could learn something from turkey wich has almost 30 million turists each year!

But i think we are on our way! :colgate:
We just need better infrastructor, much better urban transportation and we need more lowcost airlines!
And espacially to the scandinavian coutry's, they love to spend money and travel!

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
We just need better infrastructor, much better urban transportation and we need more lowcost airlines!
What about the PEOPLE??
...better people (more educated, tolerant...)

Literacy in:

...Turkey 87.4%

...Morocco 52.3% !!!!!!! (a shame)

source : CIA factbook

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's right, but i think that morocco's new generation will be really educated. Change me if im wrong but here in copenhagen where i live, I feel like that people in morocco is more intrested in education than here.
I also think that there education in morocco is on a higher level!

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
That's right, but i think that morocco's new generation will be really educated. Change me if im wrong but here in copenhagen where i live, I feel like that people in morocco is more intrested in education than here.
I also think that there education in morocco is on a higher level!
True in the cities, where juste 50% of moroccans live. The other 50% live in the middle ages.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It's saad, because morocco could be a much better turisim country than spain if it whould be devolped!!! We have the best of both worlds!
But i think we are on our way! :colgate:
And espacially to the scandinavian coutry's, they love to spend money and travel!
Morocco should also take a lesson from other countries' failures. IN my opinion, the spanish costas are way too overdeveloped! Morocco should develop, but I don't want it to turn into places like torremolinos or other ugly costa high-rise cities!!!!!!!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts