SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before you start reading this post, I think you'll understand what I will want by first visiting the following link: http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR?px=4461449&fr_id=10626&pg=personal

And watching this video:

As you may tell by now, I am participating in my high school’s Relay For Life event on June the 8th. As a member of the executive committee I have committed several hours of my time over the past few weeks to help organize our event and prepare everything.

My request from the mods of the SkyBar is the following: I know there is a rule against advertising, but I am wondering if you can make an exception to this for this charitable cause ? Considering how long I’ve been on SSC and the near-personal level of friendship I have with some of the members on SSC, Can you please allow me to post a thread in the SkyBar with the aforementioned information and the link so that people can donate and help support my fundraiser? I am asking this because being my last year of high school and last year of participation in this event I want to go BIG and raise a HUGE amount of money because this charity has meant a lot to me over the years. And I think if the hundreds of SSC members who are on here see this, they may be able to support me and I can raise soooo much money since my link which I posted above can receive donations made via credit card anywhere in the world

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
I don't think creating a separate thread for it is a good idea, although I don't think it will be a problemn if you can put it on a few of your posts.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks guys, I'll just post it in the SSC Twitter thread or something.

Feel free to make a donation though since you have the link here, even something as small as $5 would help!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I don't think creating a separate thread for it is a good idea, although I don't think it will be a problemn if you can put it on a few of your posts.
I support a separate thread. It is for a good cause + it is one of our old time members. So, I am up for it. Also, we are sticking someone's wedding.

The only problem in the future: a google people requesting special thread.

Another idea, don't know what others feel but you can get 1 day, where we just sticky your post. You may get more traffic that way.

Anyway, just my 2cent.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
We, as mods, are a bit trapped - one's person thread is sticky - yet, now we are suggestion someone else shouldn't even have a single post. Maybe we should formulate a procedure to ask for special request like these?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
egypt69, you should also put it on your signature. That is what I did last year for my run and I got a few $$ from SSC members! :D

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't wanna post the link publicly since it contains personal info, that's why I said only people serious about donating PM me and I'll give them the link.

But no one has PMed me so far :(

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I don't have a principal problem with it, but please let's not sticky. Let forumers decide for themselves if it stays on top.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good enough to me, I'll post a thread with no sticky, thanks guys! :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts