SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Racing Thread

-Put your answers here.
-Put your pictures and comments directly into this thread.
-Only for the topic mentioned above
-Don't piss anyone off too much
-Welcome Forumers

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
We do have some here in chicago, but if I tell you where, that will be illegal! :)
For the sport street racing, if you are in Chicago, try the Joliet raceway...they are legal..fast and furious.... :runaway:

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
There were guys racing at 190 km/ hr along the highway to Sydney a couple of weeks ago ... they got caught. Big country, lots of roads, lots of deaths. One thing I particularly remember is the slogan "Declare war on 1034", because, when we had about 3 or 4 million people in this state, we'd lost 1034 of them in a single year due to road accidents.

I guess that doesn't mean much in many parts of the World these days, but we've dropped our road fatality rate by about 90% since then. We also have an excellent place called "Ball's Pyramid" (just south of Lord Howe Island) where you can race to your heart's content.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Umm... Yeah street racers are retards, you should go to a track for that sort of thing.

It's uncommon here in Ohio, but I hear it's quite the fad amongst 18-30 year olds in California, who like to race their tricked out Honda Civic "rice mobiles" on LA's strip malled city roads after 10 pm.

·
SSC Veteran
10,765 Posts
I like street racing, especially at night ;) . I think in most cities there are street racers.

p.s - I don't drive :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is said in Beijing, some bikers can rush on the busy Second Ring Road at a crazy average speed of 184 km/h at night. I don't know how they did it...

·
17,379 Posts
When I was in Manila, street racing is very popular especially with middle/upper class youths. They do it almost everywhere but one of the legal areas was behind the SM Mall of Asia.

·
17,379 Posts
Rachmaninov said:
There are illegal racing events in Hong Kong though.
HK may have some illegal racing events but they're not that big or well known. Most of them happen in The New Territories though.

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
Yardmaster said:
There were guys racing at 190 km/ hr along the highway to Sydney a couple of weeks ago ... they got caught. Big country, lots of roads, lots of deaths. One thing I particularly remember is the slogan "Declare war on 1034", because, when we had about 3 or 4 million people in this state, we'd lost 1034 of them in a single year due to road accidents.

I guess that doesn't mean much in many parts of the World these days, but we've dropped our road fatality rate by about 90% since then. We also have an excellent place called "Ball's Pyramid" (just south of Lord Howe Island) where you can race to your heart's content.
Figures are wrong! We've killed 132 already this year, which means more like a reduction of 60% rather than 90%. Just recently in Redcliffes one guy wiped out 6 teenagers standing on the side of the road waiting for a taxi ... I won't comment about the three kids who died just out of Winchelsea.

And yes, the cops caught one guy driving at 190 km/hr to Sydney ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts