Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 697 Posts

·
Fugly
11,311 Posts
Dalglish reckons Everton should get the Champions League place even if Liverpool win the cup. Discuss. :cheers:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Pray

Just popping down to St Mary's in Sundon Village to pray for a Liverpool score draw/win

If you can't get to a church, close your eyes and really wish. Please

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a Red, but I think it would be so unjust if Everton didn't go through. They really deserve 4th place. Liverpool have been too inconsistent and blew it.

I do however think that UEFA should make a new rule- the winner of the cup must automatically be entered into the next year's competition- to defend their title. It seems paradoxical for the title holder not to be able to defend it.

·
Fugly
11,311 Posts
Chelsea were shite tonight. Not one effort on target. Have to hope they're leading the redshite into a false sense of security...

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
If Liverpool wins Champs League they would surely get a place in next year's competition wouldn't they? If not then it's one f**ked up rule!!

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would describe Liverpool's performance as being very competent. In fact, in the second half they seemed more confident than Chelsea. On the whole, a good performance.

Was it just me, or did the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge seem a little dulled? I know I was watching it on a big screen in a packed, noisey pub, but you couldn't really hear the crowd singing or anything. Next week, Chelsea are going to face the Anfield ROAR! :cheers: The English team that goes through is going to win the Champions League. In the light of A.C. Milan's performance the other night, I would say that was a sure bet.

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
Blabbernsmoke said:
Medo,

No offence mate, but your avatar is fucking horrible. I HATE cats.
Ok I changed my avatar!! Next time I will be more considerate. :cheers:

cough ****** cough :jk:

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know I've already said this, but why don't UEFA just introduce an emergency clause... The title holders in the competition are automatically entered into the competition???. It seems like the obvious thing to do. This would be the most just policy- that way the top four league teams are deservedly entered and the title-holders can defend their title.

It is so fucking obvious. I suppose nobody ever expected a European cup winnder to play so badly at home that they wouldn't qualify in the next season. Just goes to show how phenomenally bizzare Liverpool's inconsistent performance has been this season.

1 - 20 of 697 Posts