SkyscraperCity Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
16-year-old Umida Omonova becomes world champion in rapid chess

16-year-old Umida Omonova becomes world champion in rapid chess

The World Rapid Chess Championship among teenagers that continues on the island of Rhodes in Greece has witnessed two chess grandmasters from Uzbekistan becoming victorious among 40 other contenders.
The tournament has welcomed more than 330 young chess players. Uzbekistan has been represented by Humoyun Bekmurodov (12 years old), Olmos Rakhmatullaev (16 years old) and Umida Omonova (16 years old).
“Umida Omonova from the Surkhandarya chess school became the world champion in her age group. Humoyun Bekmurodov from Tashkent won the silver medal,” the report says.

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Oksana Chusovitina: ‘I will start my preparation for Paris 2024 Olympics’

Oksana Chusovitina: ‘I will start my preparation for Paris 2024 Olympics’

46-year-old Uzbek gymnast Oksana Chusovitina intends to participate in the 2024 Paris Olympics. The legendary athlete announced this in an interview with representatives of the NOC of Uzbekistan.
“I thought about it long and hard. I have decided to start my preparation for the Paris 2024 Olympics after the Asian Games I,” Oksana Chusovitina says.
By the way, at the championship of Uzbekistan in artistic gymnastics, which is taking place these days in Tashkent, the athlete won the vault program. What once again proved that today in this direction she has no equal in our country.
Recall that after performing at the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Oksana Chusovitina announced the end of her sports career. Later, she announced the continuation of her professional career and the beginning of training.
“Oksana Chusovitina participated in the Olympic Games 8 times and was included in the history of gymnastics and the Guinness Book of Records. If she also takes part in the main four-year races in France, then she will update her record so that no one can come close to it anytime soon. It is even more amazing that she will establish this when she is 49 years old,” the NOC noted.

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Tashkent to host Asian Youth and Juniors Weightlifting Championship

Tashkent to host Asian Youth and Juniors Weightlifting Championship

From 15 to 25 July this year, Tashkent will be hosting the Asian Youth and Juniors Weightlifting Championship.
Yesterday, the Asian Weightlifting Federation announced the expiration of the first entries for athletes from the continent.
According to the applications, data has been collected on more than 400 participants from 25 countries. In total, about 200 juniors, as well as more than 250 young people, will compete for gold medals.
According to the Uzbekistan Weightlifting Federation, more than 40 young athletes will defend the honour of our country at the upcoming competitions. Yesterday the Organizing Committee of the Asian Championship also announced the logo of the competition.

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Tashkent hosts multi-day cycling race among juniors

Tashkent hosts multi-day cycling race among juniors

From May 26 to May 30, Tashkent hosts a multi-day cycling race among juniors in 2004-2005 from all regions of Uzbekistan.

The program of the four-day competition is quite intense: group races with elimination, points, Scratch, Tempo and others.

Today, on May 27, juniors competed in two stages in turn: from the beginning, 1 lap from the spot, then 500 meters from the run.

In the following days, the participants will have an 18-lap Scratch group race for juniors and 12 laps for juniors, as well as a 15-lap Tempo and a 36-lap group points race with six intermediate finishes.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts