1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets start off with Rittenhouse Square.

Locust Street

Walnut Street

There's that Philly sneer, he's very "Lord of the Rings".

Logan Circle

The Art Museum

Boathouse Row

A ride along the river.

Back to Broad

some South Street

Old City

oooh its a Brougham

and finally some shots from the Ben Franklin Bridge

some nice views of 3rd from my descent from the bridge

·
Registered
865 Posts
God I love Philly. I really would love to visit there again, maybe even move there some day (but LA is next on my list hopefully). :)

Great pictures!

·
Registered
865 Posts
philadweller said:
Just wanted to add that I particularly love this picture. It really makes it look like you're in a narrow canyon with very high walls. The raindow equality flags are nice to see as well. :)

Ever been to Woody's? I got drunk out of my mind there and I'm still not sure how I managed to walk back to my friend's apartment a few blocks away, LOL. :lol:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been going to Woody's for 18 years now, well not every night. I live in the gayborhood and Woody's is 2 blocks from my house. I'm on my way now actually.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wednesdayyyyyyyyyy Baby kiddies night. Pure is sooo expensive but sooo nice.
Philly in the last few years seems to be cleaning up. More color, less grime.

Philadweller: I may soon be your neighbor. That 'hood is really looking good to me.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Good pics, I don't think I'll be heading to philly for a few weeks, because now I can spend the weekends golfing.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Very few cities captured me like Philadelphia, the first time I saw photos of it. And I can't stop loving it.. I would love to go there... looks amazing! GREAT streetscapes!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
philadweller said:
I've been going to Woody's for 18 years now, well not every night. I live in the gayborhood and Woody's is 2 blocks from my house. I'm on my way now actually.
Cool, I didn't know there was a Woody's in Philly. Does it have bragging rights over the one in T.O Btw. is it just me or does Philly, although obviously has a uniqueness of its own (architecture and history unparalleled in NA excluding Mexico City ie. history), seem to have similar streetscapes to Toronto?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Philadelphia definitely has a uniqueness of its own. Woody's being in Phila. is a sheer coincidence as its been around for 20+ years and is named after the owner Bill Wood.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same here Saturday and Sunday actually, where is that fabulous thread of yours? I can't seem to find it. I love your people photos...and Waterfront Square seems to be getting tall. Maybe the Beluga whale will pass through on its way back from Trenton for a photo op from the Ben Franklin Bridge.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By the way Joe, last night was Tuesday when all the conventioneers and out-of-towners go out bar hopping. Tonight is "twinkie" night.

·
Expert
1,132 Posts
Philadelphia looks beautiful! now if only i can convince the parents to take me there on vacation this summer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts