SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7,972 Posts
Great pics Aussie Bhoy...again! :)

Spring Hill without doubt, has the biggest variety of architecture anywhere in Brisbane. Such a mix of old and new, beautiful and downright shithouse.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yep spring hill is one of brisbanes most unique suburbs. Its narrow streets to some of brisbanes oldest buildings gives it this title.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Spring hill is nice, some good views of the city. Spring hill still has a lot of potential for some tall buildings too, excellent location.

·
i've changed my mind
3,853 Posts
i drove through spring hill today, and noticed that the building i have outlined has had another floor or two added to the top (in red) and now has balconies all across the front (in blue). you can see in this photo by aussie boy the beginnings of the scafolding which was back in may. can anyone else confirm this?

·
Is Slightly Opinionated.
456 Posts
i drove through spring hill today, and noticed that the building i have outlined has had another floor or two added to the top (in red) and now has balconies all across the front (in blue). you can see in this photo by aussie boy the beginnings of the scafolding which was back in may. can anyone else confirm this?

Construction has progressed at a snails pace - I believe they've refurbished the existing building and they're (still) in the process of building extra apartments/penthouses (at a guess) on top. It's definitely not shaping up to be anything to write home about though - looks to me to be a lost opportunity in a prime location.

·
Maglev Believer
2,259 Posts
I am guessing the photos were taken on a weekend. Spring Hill is pretty dead on weekends and after about 6pm weeknights. Which actually makes it a pretty decent place to live. It is a quite diverse place, plenty of options for food and the like and of course is just a stroll or a quick 323 journey away from the City.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The corner building housing the commonwealth bank will have a few residential floors added to it starting soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts