Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date: 21st May 2005
Object: Commieblocks in spring

More pics may follow

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried to gain the contrast of comies and nature ...

And here some more pics:

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Commies have their charms too ... so living in a concrete world isn't so bad afterall ...

@Gatis
I see you have done that already ... nice to compare Spring in a Barocco and Garden world ;) to spring in a concrete world...

·
Banned
92 Posts
It's threads like these that remind me how lucky I am not to live in Eastern Europe.

·
Peter North
162 Posts
LaJollaCA said:
It's threads like these that remind me how lucky I am not to live in Eastern Europe.
:weird: yes, you a right. I feel very happy too, knowing that LT, LV and EST do not belong to Eastern Europe.

just such a conclusion from your side sounds quite silly. Baltic cities have not less to show than Scandinavians. and you shouldn't make spontaneous statements looking only at one (let's be honest - horrible) thread.

·
in action
2,120 Posts
@alonso No need to be harsh ;)

Actually it's a commie suburb (how is it possible to make the shine?), so I don't understand how could you generalize about the Baltics from this area.

·
User
719 Posts
Nice. There`s a sharp contrast between commieblocks and nature. Nature helps to make this "ugly grey concrete sea" a little bit nicer.

OT: Btw in my school`s geography book Baltic states are showed as part of Northern Europe.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
sander said:
Nice. There`s a sharp contrast between commieblocks and nature. Nature helps to make this "ugly grey concrete sea" a little bit nicer.
That's exactly the feeling I get when looking at hybrid's photos of his neighborhood, sander. :)

@hybrid: these photos are wonderful! :applause: I can practically smell the lilac. ;)

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whose Homepage said:
That's exactly the feeling I get when looking at hybrid's photos of his neighborhood, sander. :)

@hybrid: these photos are wonderful! :applause: I can practically smell the lilac. ;)
Well thanx ... always nice to hear such nice words ... :)
I always try to make some contrasts :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts