SkyscraperCity banner

2661 - 2680 of 9694 Posts

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Now, it's time for a photo report of motorway E70, from Belgrade to the Croatian border. The motorway is very congested inside Belgrade, but it becomes pleasant to drive soon after.

The first set of photos are from inside the city, in Novi Beograd going towards the motorway:

4. Already on the motorway:

7. Working site:

8. Petrol station:

9. Here E75 goes north to Novi Sad

10. Continuing towards the border:

·
Travelor
25,100 Posts

·
Banned
20,777 Posts
Importance of building regional roads in Serbia

Belgrade, 18 Sept 2011 – Deputy Prime Minister of Economy and Regional Development Verica Kalanovic today announced that the construction of regional roads may begin next year on sections Pojate –Preljina, Ruma–Sabac, Paracin–Zajecar and Kragujevac–Batocina.

Kalanovic told Tanjug news agency that preparations have already begun in the form of project documentation and if finances are secured, the works could begin next year.

Pojate–Preljina motorway, also known as Morava Corridor, will be 107 kilometres long, it will traverse an area with half a million people and it will link Cicevac, Krusevac, Trstenik, Vrnjacka Banja, Kraljevo and Cacak, she said.

The construction of a modern road from Ruma to Sabac is also crucial as this is currently the largest industrial zone in Serbia with enormous potential.

Roads linking Paracin and Zajecar, and Batocina and Kragujevac are also important, Kalanovic observed.

Batocina–Kragujevac motorway is an obligation towards Fiat, a Kragujevac-based company that will begin mass production of cars next year.

Kalanovic explained that a classic motorway will be constructed from Pojate to Preljina, while two-lane communications have been planned for sections Paracin–Zajecar, Ruma–Sabac and Kragujevac–Batocina.

·
Free Palestine
Joris Bonson's illegitimate son
1,014 Posts
Why do you keep calling it "ring road" when it's not a ring road but a bypass?

·
Banned
20,777 Posts
Because its a ring-road in every sense, similar to Moscow's MKAD for example.

As soon as the need arises and money is available, the motorway will make a full cirle around Belgrade...the currently approved sectors of the ring-road, totalling ~47km, are scheduled to be opened by late 2013 (mid-2014 realistically) ...the rest, including two new Danube bridges, in the years following....

·
Banned
20,777 Posts
The new Beska bridge, along the Belgrade-Novi Sad motorway, has now been officially declared "completed" - after a couple of days of testing, it will open to traffic on September 30th :cheers:

Hopefully, it won't be too long before the old bridge goes under the knife.

·
ETOPS-9000 certified
447 Posts
Many people seem to think that Serbia has a very poor motorway network, but by 2014, I think it will be satisfactory. Nis-Pirot, E-75, and Beograd Bypass will hopefully be complete and perhaps a little bit of work shall be done on Beograd-Bar Motorway. I think this is very respectable.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

and sorry, but the Belgrade "bypass" is a disaster if you're going north-south (Novi Sad - Nis). I know we should have just gone through Belgrade as I did before, but the signs suggest to go on the bypass which is a huge incomplete detour, added about an hour to our journey (on the way back it took about 20 minutes to come through Belgrade even with loads of construction).

I was really pissed off about the signing... rest of the Serbian network is great though. Anyway next video will be about this "bypass"

·
ubahnista
4,603 Posts

and sorry, but the Belgrade "bypass" is a disaster if you're going north-south (Novi Sad - Nis). I know we should have just gone through Belgrade as I did before, but the signs suggest to go on the bypass which is a huge incomplete detour, added about an hour to our journey (on the way back it took about 20 minutes to come through Belgrade even with loads of construction).

I was really pissed off about the signing... rest of the Serbian network is great though. Anyway next video will be about this "bypass"
no need to be sorry, even locals get problem with bypass, it s still incomplete and u/c :) great video anyway!

2661 - 2680 of 9694 Posts