3,827 Posts

·
Banned
2,564 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
^^
I suggest to spend holidays on Zakynthos... amazing island, Kefalinia (Κεφαλονιά) even better what I`ve heard.
That is so true, i can confirm that and i would also include Corfu (or Kerkyra as we call it, i think in Serbian it is called Krf), basically all 4 major islands of the Ionian Sea are ideal for holidays.....btw, Lefkada and Evia are the only Greek islands accessible by car and not-necessarily-by ferry and the latter is also very popular because of its proximity in Athens (only ~80km away)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
^^
Kefalonia, Kefalinia or Cephalonia... we know very well what are we talking about ;)

PS: I have no idea what is correct name in English now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
can you tell me what is the status of the corridor XI? I want to go on 1st september to Zlatibor, and i am curious if the section from Obrenovac to Ljig will be open for traffic, and if we can go from obrenovac to Preljina only on highway. do you have any information?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Officials say that motorway from Obrenovac to Ljig will be opened on August 15th. Now there are works only on reconstruction of Ub-Lajkovac section. It seems kinda realistic that those parts which are being rebuilt will be completed by that date.
Also, be careful, there is a lot of road works on road from Čačak to Zlatibor, so there might be some congestion, or some traffic lights on that road.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Some updates:

Preliminary project for section Pojate-Kruševac of A5 motorway is adopted, while project for section Adrani-Mrčajevci-Preljina is completed and it is being adopted. Project for section Kruševac-Adrani is planned to be completed by the end of October (source).

Recently we have be talking about eastern Serbia and there it is: they are making preliminary project for expressway Paraćin-Zaječar. They hope that next year they will talk about financing of that road. Estimated price for now is between 450 and 600 million euros (source).

There is also a new proposed expressway: from Sombor to Kikinda close to road 15, although it is not yet decided if that will be built or something else. Estimated price: 420-430 million euros (source).

And last, but not the least, tunnels Sopot and Sarlah on A4 were finally opened in full profile on Tuesday! Also, we can expect that during next week gap near Staničenje will be also opened in full profile and perhaps finishing of asphalting of right c/w on Bancarevo-Crvena Reka section, after which it might be opened together with Prosek-Bancarevo, but we will see what will actually happen.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So niki, when do you see A4 to BG border opening? End of August in full profile?

·
Registered
370 Posts
For full profile there are some key points:

Equipping of left tube of Bancarevo tunnel - I'm not so sure how much is left to do and how much time it will take.
Cut 17 where new supporting wall has to be built - works have started, I think that it is possible by the end of August.
End of Bancarevo-Crvena Reka where is temporary connection of old road and motorway - it depends on when right c/w is opened.
Cut 6 before entrance of Bancarevo tunnel - gallery will be built there and works haven't started yet, so I'm not so sure if it will be done until end of August.
We will see how are things going on and then give some better guesses.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Maybe someone can post a map with updated completed sections.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
^^
Now we really need a map showing which motorways in Serbia we can see which parts are open and which are still waiting.

A1 from Belgrade to NMK-border is completely finished.

A4 from Niš to BG-border still has single sections that are not finished. But here we probably need to see a map that shows exactly which parts are left.

A4 from Niš is also complete within a month or so.

A2 is also interesting right now, as things happen there, including at Obrenovac.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
^^
Now we really need a map showing which motorways in Serbia we can see which parts are open and which are still waiting.
It's quite simple right now.

A4 from Niš to BG-border still has single sections that are not finished. But here we probably need to see a map that shows exactly which parts are left.

A4 from Niš is also complete within a month or so.
There's exactly ONE gap of about 22km. Minimum the first carriageway might be opened in August and it should be completely 2x2 from October.

A2 is also interesting right now, as things happen there, including at Obrenovac.
A continuous route of 40km is in service since 2016. The northern extension of 63km should be opened in August. The remaining gap to A1 (Belgrade) should be opened in December.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=128578128&postcount=26

8941 - 8960 of 9763 Posts