SkyscraperCity banner

1621 - 1640 of 9711 Posts

·
Banned
20,777 Posts
Bunkhouse of some kind? :dunno:
No, laboratory & project management office.

Some news regarding the so-called Corridor 11, a motorway stretching from Romania's city of Timisoara to Montenegro's port city of Bar:

Negotiations with Turkish company Kolin to begin Thursday

23. December 2010. | 11:08

Source: Tanjug

Serbian Minister for National Investment Plan (NIP) Verica Kalanovic has announced that official negotiations with the Turkish construction company Kolin regarding its entry in the Belgrade-South Adriatic motorway project are due to begin on Thursday.

The first meeting between Serbia's negotiating team and Kolin on the continuation of the Corridor 11 construction will be held on Thursday, Kalanovic told news reporters.

The Serbian government formed a negotiating team for the talks last Thursday, and starting from Thursday, December 23, the negotiators will discuss the costs and other details of the contract for the motorway construction southwest of Belgrade - from Obrenovac to Ub and from Valjevo to Ljig - at the length of 53 kilometers.

Kalanovic stated that the already ongoing works on the Ub-Valjevo sections, at the length of 12.7 kilometers, will be funded by the state.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
^^
What do you mean with that?

Maybe the old Beška bridge is a little bit to narrow today. It was not built for dual carriageway. But the bridge is very strong and very well built. And it is still in very good condition. And when the new Beška bridge is finished the road is going to be a very good motorway with the new and the old bridge together. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
From what I've heard, as soon as the new Beska bridge is opened to traffic, reconstruction work will start on the old bridge:)
What sort of reconstruction are going to do with the old Beška bridge? I think the bridge looks like it is in very good condition and just needed the new bridge beside for make the road to a complete motorway.

·
ubahnista
4,607 Posts
What sort of reconstruction are going to do with the old Beška bridge? I think the bridge looks like it is in very good condition and just needed the new bridge beside for make the road to a complete motorway.
The concrete core of old Beška bridge is in good state, only pavement and embankement are going to be changed, that s all needed for old bridge to be "new".

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
I don't understand what you mean with that? But what I meant was the north part of Serbia is similar to the Central European countries like Hungary, Austria or Slovakia. But I still think this is a part of Serbia of cause. Every European country have some culture that are similar to the nearest neighbor country, and the north part of Serbia is more similar to Hungary than Bulgaria or Macedonia. But all parts of Serbia is a part of Europe of cause. And I have been in Serbia many times and I think it's a very beautiful part of Europe.
North part of Serbia, Hungary, Austria and Slovakia were part of the Austo-Hungarian Empire. Macedonia and Bulgaria were part of the Ottoman Empire and that's noticable. Sorry for the OT.

·
Citizen of Europe
527 Posts
I don't understand what you mean with that? But what I meant was the north part of Serbia is similar to the Central European countries like Hungary, Austria or Slovakia. But I still think this is a part of Serbia of cause. Every European country have some culture that are similar to the nearest neighbor country, and the north part of Serbia is more similar to Hungary than Bulgaria or Macedonia. But all parts of Serbia is a part of Europe of cause. And I have been in Serbia many times and I think it's a very beautiful part of Europe.
That's completely true. Different civilizations from north to south was on Serbian territory. But to say that "Hungarian city" is civilized/European etc. and that the rest of Serbia is.... I don't know... savage-land or something like that is insulting. So this is good observation by Uppsala.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There is still a major bottleneck near Batajnica. Coming from Novi Sad at Batajnica you enter the outskirts of Beograd and travel some 5-6 km's through the suburbs until you either head straight for the centre or head to the Beograd-Zagreb motorway. I think in about two years a direct motorway connection (Ring Highway) to E-70 (Beograd-Zagreb motorway) will be completed.

1621 - 1640 of 9711 Posts