SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Sri Lanka trip reports

188K views 2K replies 54 participants last post by  Poorna90 
#1 ·
When you come across someone's interesting report of visits, holidays, and trips to Sri Lanka , please post the link here.

It's always interesting to read and see other people's impressions and experience of Sri Lanka!

#2 · (Edited)
Trip report with lots of photos - Sri Lanka holiday of a visitor from Bombay

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/road-trips-vacations/204523-bombay-taprobane-sri-lanka-ceylon-bombay

Sri Lanka is a place of immense natural beauty, with its 65 and a half thousand square kilometres offering the traveller a whole range of breathtaking topography. From the highlands in the central province, to the pristine beaches along the country's western coast, the island does not fail to leave one awestruck. Most importantly however, are the nation's peaceful, chilled-out people. They're beautiful, enjoy life, and don't take themselves too seriously.The city of Colombo is in my opinion, clean & mostly orderly, and the authorities and ordinary Sri Lankans alike, work hard to keep it that way....

#3 · (Edited)
Trip Report - Abu Dhabi to Kuala Lumpur via Colombo on Sri Lankan Airlines

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/162285/

I was absolutely stunned as I stepped into the Colombo Airport main terminal building. The airport was amazing, with not a spot of dirt in sight. There were a number of passengers around, but everyone was calm and collective, either casually sitting around quietly chatting away, or queuing up for boarding in a humble and orderly fashion. Don’t get me wrong, I was not expecting a pile of dump or anything, but this airport is miles ahead of the likes of Abu Dhabi or Amman.

I was extremely impressed with SriLankan Airlines, to the point that I had flown the same route with them on my way to Hong Kong more recently. Their hardware may be a tad outdated, but I believe that their best asset is their cabin crew. They were excellent in all four of my sectors and treated each passenger exactly the same. This I find to be very rare amongst a lot of airlines and SriLankan Airlines seems to have mastered it. For the incredibly cheap fares that they offer, coupled with the superb inflight service, it is bargain that you just cannot pass on. I would highly recommend this airline, and in fact, I even find their service to outdo Malaysia Airlines (the airline I found to be most similar to UL). SriLankan Airlines is definitely on my top 5 favorite airlines list!

#5 ·
Trip report - Sri Lanka holiday of a visitor from India

"After landing in Colombo, the capital city, one is immediately surprised to notice how clean Sri Lanka is".
"What I take back from this experience is that for a small country, which has been at war for all but the last three years has managed to do so well in most departments. Yes, there is corruption there too, but somehow it has achieved so much more than what we have as a larger country."

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti-alto/travelogue-around-sri-lanka-in-the-alto-k10/

#8 · (Edited)
Perspective of SL by a U.S. based Indian visitor to SL.

I am writing this on the road from Colombo to Kandy. And again (I have been doing this repeatedly for the last four days) I thank the gods for having allowed this break from the bitter cold of Delhi into such a lush paradise of warmth and water and throat-searing food.

But it is also a bit disorienting to be in this country. It feels like home country (the landscape is especially so reminiscent of Kerala) and yet there is something that is distinctly different. One does not get this kind of disorientation in a patently different land — Japan or Sweden for example; there everything is new and different and so one is clearly an outsider. So what is it that makes me feel out of place?

I think that three startling differences make up the root cause of my disorientation.

First of all (and dearest to my own heart) is the ease and joy with which women traverse public spaces. In the densest crowds, such as in the packed public buses we ride in Colombo and (as I am still to discover) in the heaving masses paying their new year’s respects in the Tooth temple in Kandy, if this had been India (and especially if this had been Delhi), there would have been few women daring enough to actually be present as well as to smile pleasantly at strangers — even male strangers, as my husband happily discovers.

Instead they would be fearful of being groped and mauled if young (or even middle-aged) and pushed roughly aside if old and weak. But I am not ‘eye-teased’ and nor do I break any bones; so I wonder what age category I should slot myself in. Instead, there is a miraculous one inch of free space that surrounds me from top to bottom and back to front right in the middle of these superficially shoving crowds. I cannot stop rubbing my eyes in amazement at this.

My second reason for feeling out of place is that public spaces are unreasonably clean. Neither in Colombo nor on the road to Kandy did I see the mounds of filth-encrusted plastic bags and other forms of smelly or environment-contaminating waste that even the most expensive parts of our own cities and towns revel in. Nor were public buildings and roadsides ungrudging receptacles for fiery red spit. Sri Lankans may not eat paan, but they do use plastic bags alas, and they must be having household garbage too; where they dispose of these things remains a mystery to me.

The third striking absence was of the kind of degrading poverty one sees in such abundance in any place in India. I don’t think their poor and homeless get hidden from view as ours reportedly were in Delhi during the Commonwealth Games and, yet, even the one apparent beggar I saw on the street, and tried to give some change to, turned out to have a sheaf of lottery tickets she pressed upon me in return. This absence of broken-hearted (and frequently broken-limbed) poverty was so in your face that I forgave myself for wondering which planet I was on.

The explanation probably lies in the equally implausible absence of evidence of roaring wealth of the kind that hurts one’s eyes and ears in the shopping malls of Delhi and Mumbai and Calcutta (my anthropological expedition to the mall in Colombo — Majestic City — that the local people proudly urged me to visit was such a damp squib after Ambience Mall in Delhi and South City in Calcutta) as well as in the fancy car dealerships in Kolhapur and Coimbatore. In other words, in spite of having a per capita income close to twice ours, if crazy consumerism is a bit reined in in Sri Lanka, there must be greater income equality than we have here and that might explain the relative absence of stark poverty.

PS: When I started writing this piece, I meant to include a fourth Sri Lankan virtue — the absence of petty cheating. But this had to be dropped after our experience at the Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawala.

As we neared the bathing baby elephants in this spot of popular tourist attraction, a scrupulously innocent looking man in a lungi persuaded us to give him Rs 100 for a bag of bananas to feed the elephants. Excited about this feeding adventure we rushed to the water only to be stopped by a guard who pointed us to a sign saying that feeding the animals was prohibited and that we had to leave the bananas on the ground. Needless to say, given our Indian expectations, when we turned around within seconds before admiring the elephants, there was no sign of the fruit seller or the guard. Or the packet of bananas.

http://dbsjeyaraj.com/dbsj/archives/3754

#11 ·
British visitor's trip report

"After India – Colombo was bliss!! It wasn’t 40 degrees, there wasn’t too many people, there wasn’t rubbish everywhere or people urinating in the street, there actually are pavements everywhere and you don’t feel like it is about to collapse into the sewage system at any point, the roads aren’t as crazy or loud and the people are really friendly and aren’t constantly trying to sell you something or con you. Put simply, it was lovely post crazy India!"

http://mountainsmonsoonsandmosquitos.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/first-impressions-of-sri-lanka/

#12 ·
Indian visitor's trip report

" Everything’s immaculately clean! And as India’s neighbor, that does come as a surprise. In fact, even compared to other countries, Sri Lankans possess an impressive attitude when it comes to keeping things clean. From public bathrooms on train stations and on trains, to beaches, roads, rivers – there seems to be a sense of ownership and hygiene among the people, and India has so much to learn from its southern neighbor."

http://the-shooting-star.com/2013/06/19/sri-lanka-in-first-impressions/

#13 ·
Sri Lanka - first impressions

"I also thought one section of the beach at Unawatuna is full of tourists and the locals use it a little further ahead and they remain quite separate. I wonder how this is achieved as the tourist beach is full of women in bikinis and yet the locals do not come this side. I wonder if this is possible in India."

http://blogs.gonomad.com/traveltalesfromindia/2013/04/sri-lanka-first-impressions.html

#14 ·
British tourist's impressions of SL

" The airport was civilised and calm. Little did I know that the chaos would begin when I got outside….

As soon as I stepped outside men swarmed around me, ‘you want tuk tuk’, ‘you want taxi’ echoed around me as I tried to get used to the searing heat. Eventually I managed to shake them off and make it to the road outside."

http://pearlsandpassports.com/first-impressions-of-sri-lanka/

#18 · (Edited)
Why is Sri Lanka much cleaner than India?

http://swimming-in-india.blogspot.com/2011/11/why-are-streets-so-filthy-in-india.html

I just came back from Sri Lanka after an enjoyable family trip. As soon as I stepped out of the impressive, new Indira Gandhi Airport Terminal I was immediately struck by the contrast India presents to its visitors. Sri Lanka is obviously much smaller and probably considerably easier to manage that India ever will be. But I have to be honest. My observations of Lanka gave me a clear impression that life is cleaner, safer, and more efficient there. And if these things are all true, Why? Could it be just because Sri Lanka is smaller and less crowded?

In Sri Lanka the population (20 million) is only a fraction of India's (1.2 Billion). It's just not much of an issue there. But over-population obviously fuels India's ongoing struggles with infrastructure (stable electricity, clean drinking water, road maintenance and modernization). India is working hard to modernize and improve, but has yet to seriously address the issue of population. There's just a lot of people here and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Sri Lankans have essentially rejected the notion of Caste. Probably because that country is predominantly Buddhist. I have witnessed few beggars, and after traveling through many small towns and villages, I have seen very few desperately poor Lankans. But is this why Sri Lanka is visibly cleaner? It's not that there seem to be less poor people in Sri Lanka. I believe its about personal responsibility. I think India's willingness to accept caste conveniently simplifies what people perceive to be as their personal responsibility.
Litter is the easiest example of this. And the topic of litter gets me back to the thing that really bugs me about India. In Sri Lanka I have never witnessed someone drop trash on the ground. Sri Lanka is not without litter, but Lankan streets and public spaces are generally much cleaner, better groomed and more well-maintained than India's.

Here in India I have seen hundreds and hundreds of people drop trash on the ground without any hesitation or care. Personal drivers have littered right in front of me. Wealthy Indians on safari (right inside India's beautiful National Wildlife Preserves) have tossed empty plastic bottles and snack wrappers while standing next to me. Policeman, college students, businessmen and women, even Catholic nuns -- they have all been active participants in dumping personal trash on the ground in front of me. Often I confront them on the spot, but 1.2 billion people can generate a lot of curb-side garbage. I know not all Indians believe or value this age-old idea of caste, but I blame your mess squarely on your society's anachronistic belief that some people are above certain duties. Tell me, is it really someone else's responsibility to deal with the litter you or your organisation has discarded? (What do you think?)

Every place I have ever been (with the possible exception of Singapore) has its own share of pollution, and litter... Americans sadly still litter, and we certainly need to drive less, buy less and use less packaging. But our streets, neighborhoods and public spaces, like Sri Lanka's, are generally cleaner. Europeans certainly need to smoke less, and the Chinese have had a knack for quickly adopting many of the West's bad behaviors. India wants its rightful place on the worlds stage - as it should have. But she will never be an equal partner in the eyes of outsiders until the population here acknowledges the visual mess it presents to the world.

I believe it's not a problem for your government to solve. Government can help though public awareness, but to actually eliminate the waste - the trash that is just about everywhere... That is all about acknowledging personal responsibility. If there is a dustbin, please use it. If there isn't one, hold on to your garbage until you find one. Take charge. Don't just clean up your yard, clean the street in front of your house (or if you can afford it, pay someone to do it for you). Organize your neighbors to clean up and maintain your block, your neighborhood park. If you think it looks messy, I REALLY think it looks messy. And above all, if you see someone else litter, give them a hard time about it. It's not someone else's role to do it for you.

#60 ·
The Difference Between Sri Lanka and India

The Difference Between Sri Lanka and India

It had been 18 months since I had been outside of India. That’s a long time, and to be honest I didn’t think going to Sri Lanka was really going to be a big change from what had become normality to me, after all at some points there is only 30 kilomtres separating Tamil Nadu from Sri Lanka, as I discovered when visiting Rameswaram.

How wrong was I?

From the minute we got off the plane I knew I was in a different country. It wasn’t just a case of a “same same but different”, it was a competely new and refreshing experience. So exactly how is Sri Lanka different from India?

The People

The first thing I noticed was the people. They are polite, respectful and considerate of others. I was astonished at the airport as a car slowed down to let us cross the road. I have become accustomed to being defensive when trying to pass a car, it took a while for me to get used to trusting that someone wasn’t going to try and run me over when I went near a road. The only exception would have to be buses, which hurtle down the narrow roads at a breakneck pace to catch their next passenger, taking no prisoners along the way. You have to be quick and on your guard to stay out of their way.

One of the disadvantages with dealing with such a polite race is that it was a challenge getting them to tell us what they wanted. Our driver was too shy to ask us for an advance payment. It took him four days to work up the courage to subtly ask us for some money, something that would have been no issue at all.

Whilst I didn’t feel “stared at” as much as I do in India, I have never been flashed at at home, and unfortunately I was on my first day in Sri Lanka. That said, I still think I would feel quite safe travelling around Sri Lanka on my own if I were to come again. There is a gentleness to the race that makes me believe it would be alright for a solo female traveller (however on this trip I travelled with my parents and cousin).

The Environment

I have always known that India is not the cleanest of places, but I think after 18 months I am becoming a little bit desensitised to the filth that covers the streets. Sri Lanka certainly reminded how beautiful the world can look.

Even though this country does not have as much wealth as India, its people appear to have a much better standard of living. I only saw one small slum in my travels, unlike the hundreds (or thousands) I have seen all over India. Yes Sri Lanka is much smaller than India, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of resources or extravagance that I have seen either.

Somehow, this small country has found a way to provide a reasonable standard of living for its population, despite being in a state of war for so long. The streets are relatively clean, there are few make-shift houses and I had almost forgotten what fresh, unadulterated air smelt like!

Walking along the seaside promenade in the centre of Colombo I couldn’t help but wonder why Bandra Bandstand or Marine Drive couldn’t be so pristine. There was no rubbish littering the sand, no one relieving themselves on the beach and no fear that the water was contaminated with god knows what.

Looking around Sri Lanka made me feel a bit sad that India, this country that I love and call home, can’t find a way to provide a minimum standard of living to so many, or even just have some pride in the environment. In this regard, Sri Lanka really does put India to shame.

The Food

The hardest part of the trip would have to have been the lack of variety in the food, particularly for vegetarians. Whilst I am not vegetarian my mother is and I really felt for her whenever we stopped somewhere for a meal. At almost every town and restaurant we visited we were greeted with exactly the same menu. Whilst Sri Lankan rice and curry is fabulous, there was no other variety for a vegetarian. I found this really odd, particularly since it is a predominantly buddhist country.

In India I was vegetarian for the 9 months I backpacked and never had an issue, it is such an accepted part of the culture that it makes travelling the country a joy. For any vegetarian thinking of going to Sri Lanka, I would suggest they should be prepared to have little variety and just stick to the local rice and curry (without the meat).

Return?

Leaving Sri Lanka, did make me think a little about why I was choosing to return to India. Now I am back here I see the opportunity and diversity that this country has, but I do long for the crystal blue waters of Sri Lanka. I am sure I will return to this neighbouring country sometime soon.

#20 ·
Clean and Colombo, a combo

The Hindu's Sri Lanka correspondent, Meera Srinivasan says Colombo is a city where even a stray piece of trash on the road will surprise you, a place where cleanliness is only enhanced by the greenery all around

"How come?" I wondered, when I recently spotted a used, disposable plastic cup, of a famous yogurt brand, lying on the pavement in my Colombo neighbourhood.

In the last four months that I have been here, I have seldom seen anything synthetic on the roads – no polythene bags being chauffeured around by the breeze, no food packets with rice spilling out, no disfigured mineral water bottles.

Occasionally, I would spot dry leaves popping up on the pavements. And invariably, I would also hear a sort of brushing sound – after a few weeks here, I could recognise the sound even from a distance – it was the conservancy worker’s large, fork-like bamboo broom toiling over the broad concrete pavement.

A middle-aged woman, wearing an orange t-shirt, like many conservancy workers here, would not spare even a single dry leaf. On several days I have seen her mid-morning, and on some days, in the afternoon.

Colombo, as some of my friends had told me earlier, is a city where even a stray piece of trash on the road will surprise you. Cleanliness is only enhanced by the greenery all around.

When my friend, a local journalist, countered my point of view saying, “Oh, that is only the heart of Colombo. It’s meant to be all posh, you know,” I thought that she perhaps knew better.

All the same, from my limited experience of travelling outside Colombo on a few assignments, I feel that the average city or town in Sri Lanka tends to be far cleaner than its Indian counterpart.

I can already hear some of the arguments against what I say – India is a far bigger country, we are grappling with a population of over a billion and conservancy is a greater challenge in such a context. I have no disagreement over any of these.

As someone who has been a Chennaiite all her life, it is interesting to see how this neighbour – just a 50-minute flight away – manages to be so clean.

When it comes to things like cleanliness, public transport or urban sanitation, you usually tend to turn to the West for benchmarks.

When you speak of the Chennai Metro, you are secretly hoping it would be like the London tube network one day. When you speak of doing road trips, one of your friends will tell you how he drove for 14 hours in the States with no sign of fatigue. Similarly, when it comes to how clean a city is, even if we have to consider examples closer to home, we point to a developed country like Singapore.

However, here is a city right next door, with very similar challenges as any other developing South Asian country, that takes its cleanliness very seriously. You may have a million differences with Sri Lanka – for patriotic, political or ideological reasons, but you have to give it to the conservancy agencies here and larger civic sense of citizens for maintaining the city this way.

Not very long ago, a 30-something sales professional I met here, told me that the army personnel – who defeated the LTTE – were heroes of the country. I am not sure I agree with him entirely.

But I do know one hero for sure - the middle-aged woman I spot every morning who, with her broom, coaxes every little leaf on the pavement to step away and make way for the pedestrian.

My Chennai My Right, an inititative by The Hindu

Send us pictures of extreme instances of garbage affecting normal life in Chennai.

We would also like to hear about what you are doing to manage waste

Email us at myright@thehindu.co.in

#23 ·
Indian visitor trip report from 2006

The first thing which struck me about Sri Lanka was the feeling of being at home. The people were warm and friendly and very, very cordial and wherever I went, they smiled. I am a Market Researcher by profession and the biggest advantage of being a researcher is that one gets a taste of the traditions, cultures and more importantly the people of a particular place almost immediately.

Here, the people are far more soft spoken than Indians. Clothes are very cheap in comparison with India.

There are a lot of things in Sri Lanka that I found different from India. For starters, Colombo is an interesting city – extremely clean (in most parts) and very cosmopolitan. A lot of foreigners have settled here; mainly the Europeans. Situated on the western coast of the country, this city has many interesting buildings, which give a glimpse of the Dutch influence in the country. In addition, the pub culture, attractive bungalows and big, expensive cars racing down the roads, add to the international touch.

more....http://creative.sulekha.com/my-impressions-of-sri-lanka_30004_blog

#24 · (Edited)
View of a European visitor

Advantages of travelling in Sri Lanka:

We have a great news for all budget travellers who are heading to Sri Lanka: it is a very cheap country (the cheapest we have ever travelled to so far and some people say it is even cheaper than India). It offers a lot, not only for solo backpackers, travel couples, holiday makers, but also for families with kids. Sri Lanka is a very affordable country to travel through so you can do lots of new things (diving, snorkeling, elephant riding, experience safari, trekking) without paying much.

The scenery is stunning and you will be blown away by gold beaches, beautiful mountains, tropical forests or the variety of wildlife in Yala National Park. People are amazingly hospitable- when locals see backpackers and budget travellers they don’t try to rip you off. The prices might be increased for obvious reasons, but it doesn’t differ much from what locals pay for the food or accommodation. People are not pushy, they try to help you and they keep smiling.

Disadvantages of travelling in Sri Lanka:

Sri Lanka can be perceived as a very overcrowded country (not as bad as India or China though) and you can see/feel it when getting into a train (push people hard or catch another train).
Moreover, the country is very polluted and dirty.

more...http://etramping.com/sri-lanka-budget-travel-guide-20-a-day-or-less/

#25 ·
I came back from Sri Lanka yesterday and found it an incredible country to travel! IMO compared to India it wins hands down! Much cleaner, friendlier people, and much better beaches! Plus if you are a woman you don’t have to worry about 20 local males with the mental age of 10 year olds perving around you taking pictures every 2 minutes. You also don’t get harassed every 2 minutes for your ears needing cleaned, sarong, circus acts, henna tattoos etc!! Plus you can get some spotlessly clean rooms for 1500 Rps (about 13 US).

I found in India if someone smiles at you its almost as if they expect 10 rupees off you! You are a walking wallet!!

Admittedly the one draw back of SL is the price. Its not in the same price range as Thailand Vietnam etc. However there is a Backpacker vibe in SL especially in Hikaduwa!

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2157352

#26 ·
Sri Lanka vs India by a European visitor

Place your trash/rubbish in a bin vs just use the ocean to dump your trash. Which would you choose?

Every beach you are left in peace to use a free sun bed vs having to pay for the bed and buy a meal & drinks at their restaurant. Which would you choose?

A simple “no” to people selling stuff on the beach vs persistent Henna tattooist saying “you will have bad luck if you don’t get one of my tattoos”. Which would you choose?

The occasional glance from a local guy to a female vs groups of locals with fancy cameras constantly taking pictures of any white woman. Which would you choose?

Visa on arrival vs 2 journeys to the India Embassy in London to get ripped off for a visa that wasn’t sufficient by an outdated bureaucratic overzealous system. Which would you choose?

Occasional flash or “toot” vs complete and utter unorganised chaos with the horn used more frequently than the brake. Which would you choose?

Solid stools vs constant arse piss Which would you choose?

Admittedly Sri Lanka is more expensive than India but…….you get what you pay for! If money is the key factor then go to India. I personally would never ever go there again! There wasn’t one day where we didn’t have someone trying to get one over on us!!!

#40 ·
Heh Heh Heh... Yeah, I would opt for solid stools in a heartbeat... :lol:

Solid stools v constant arse piss Which would you choose?

Place your trash/rubbish in a bin vs just use the ocean to dump your trash. Which would you choose?

Every beach you are left in peace to use a free sun bed vs having to pay for the bed and buy a meal & drinks at their restaurant. Which would you choose?

A simple “no” to people selling stuff on the beach vs persistent Henna tattooist saying “you will have bad luck if you don’t get one of my tattoos”. Which would you choose?

The occasional glance from a local guy to a female vs groups of locals with fancy cameras constantly taking pictures of any white woman. Which would you choose?

Visa on arrival vs 2 journeys to the India Embassy in London to get ripped off for a visa that wasn’t sufficient by an outdated bureaucratic overzealous system. Which would you choose?

Occasional flash or “toot” vs complete and utter unorganised chaos with the horn used more frequently than the brake. Which would you choose?

Solid stools vs constant arse piss Which would you choose?

Admittedly Sri Lanka is more expensive than India but…….you get what you pay for! If money is the key factor then go to India. I personally would never ever go there again! There wasn’t one day where we didn’t have someone trying to get one over on us!!!

#27 ·
#28 ·
The first impression that struck us when we arrived in Sri Lanka was how much cleaner it is in comparison to India. We had been told a few times that Sri Lanka is ‘India with a broom’ and we’ve found that a pretty accurate description. The streets are clean and swept free of rubbish – a welcome change from many of the destinations in India which were buried under layers of trash and garbage.

more.... http://www.injectmewithtravel.com/?p=1086

#30 ·
Sri Lanka is a clean country; Ranbir Kapoor
SATURDAY, 17 AUGUST 2013 18:50 E-mail Print
Lead actor of the movie Bombay Velvet Ranbir Kapoor said, “Sri Lanka is an amazing place and what I love most about it is that, it is extremely clean” The Actor also added “I have been shooting films for quite some time now, but I have never enjoyed shooting as much as I did in Sri Lanka.”

Bombay Velvet an Indian Movie starring Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Karan Johar and Kay Kay Menon is currently being filmed in Sri Lanka. The Film is the foreign film to be shot at the Mahinda Rajapakse National Tele Cinema Park in Ranminithenna which was recently re-launched as “Serendib Studio” under the patronage of MP Namal Rajapaksa.

Anurag Kashyap, Director of Bombay Velvet addressing the media said, “ Shooting has been a breeze in Sri Lanka, We could have never completed the amount of work we have done so far at such speed in India.”
The film will be shot in a number of locations around the Island including, Galle, Bentota, Kosgoda and Colombo. However a majority of the movie will be shot at Serendib Studios.
Kashyap added that the studio is up-to date with current technology and has facilities that many studios in Asia didnot have on offer.

Filming of the movie is scheduled to end in February 2014, The production team was also happy to announce “A big release of the film in Sri Lanka”(Reihan Stepehens)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.