Skyscraper City Forum banner

Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Medical Science

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Actually, those photos are of it under construction, and it just recently opened up.

It is a purely non-proft hospital that trains doctors for the poor and conducts medical research for issues directly pertaining to those who do not otherwise have access to specialized medical treatment.

The poor are given treatment for free, and the doctors trained take up shop in villages in India, and eventually in humanitarian and disaster relief work around the world, all paid for by the Satya Sai Medical Trust.

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
Actually, those photos are of it under construction, and it just recently opened up.

It is a purely non-proft hospital that trains doctors for the poor and conducts medical research for issues directly pertaining to those who do not otherwise have access to specialized medical treatment.

The poor are given treatment for free, and the doctors trained take up shop in villages in India, and eventually in humanitarian and disaster relief work around the world, all paid for by the Satya Sai Medical Trust.
I am not sure if it is as simple as that. Perhaps the medical foundation is clean but there is a lot of contraversies about Sai Baba and his Sathya Sai Foundation.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
...as there are about the Catholic Church. However, like the latter's relief organizations, the Satya Sai Medical trust has a pretty impeccable record of delivering aid to the needy.

I and others may have my/their own personal misgivings with some things associated with both of those religious organizations but one should give credit where credit is due and not unreasonably slander their good charitable works, as you're indulging in.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts