SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
10th February 2008
59,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the St John's and Trinty Islands review we went to Albert's Schloss for a chat and a drink. During the chat the general consensus was that we should organise a SSC Manchester Night out. Admittedly a Night out has been proposed in the past, but it hasn't happened for one reason or another. So here's our chance to finally make it happen. :cheers:

Rather than selecting a date, day, time and venue from the off, which some forum members may not be able to attend, perhaps preferences would be better first? Once we have a majority or general consensus, then we can be more specific with a date, day, time and venue, where we can all meet up.

So, kicking off. A Friday night in July or August, early Evening meet up, Piccadilly Arches Micro Breweries/NQ/Ancoats area's.

Disclaimer: There is no dress code. And everyone can come and go as they please during the night. :bowtie: And everyone is welcome. :drunk:

·
10th February 2008
59,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one chaps. :grouphug:

Could you let me know a preferred date, day and meet up location so I can draw up a general consensus and post it later on. You can PM if you want. That goes for anyone who would rather do that via PM. Thanks.

Think we should do it before the end of Summer/September to guarantee a warm Evening/Night, meaning we can sit outside. It could also be a night when there's a event on in the city centre. A food and drink event, the Bees, etc?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'd definitely be down for that. Was great the other day, a bunch of lads talking for over two hours, without football dominating the conversation! Very Refreshing!

At the moment I've not got much on over the summer, so I should be able to come to this once you guys decide on a date!.

See how I go on a night out as someone who doesn't drink much! ;)

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Count me in too Jrb. You’re good at organising so glad someone’s made the first move. I agree before the end of September is the best idea. Any evening during the week or weekend is good for me although a Friday would be better for obvious reasons. Not been out in town for a while so only place I can suggest is NQ really. Went to Patron recently and that was pretty nice. Decent ales too.

·
Registered
26,024 Posts
I'm there! I go America for two weeks in August (17th-31st) but any other date I'm Roy Keane. Be good to put faces to names.
I love this.

Yep jrb I'm free until September pretty much, when I go on a string of holidays :banana:

Looking forward to meeting you all again. Sorry I couldn't make it this time, but I remember last time after the 1 Spinningfields meet it was nice to sit around talking about cities and architecture - the things I want to talk about all the time but everybody always drifts off!

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
I'm generally free at the moment so provisionally count me in. I'll drink anywhere really, although somewhere we can sit outside in the sun is always nice.

·
10th February 2008
59,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anymore people?

There were 19 of us at the Review and others couldn't make it.

Come on, a few drinks in town on a nice Summer's night.

Think there's 8 of us so far.

Will look through the PM's, etc Tomorrow.

·
IT City Planner
4,259 Posts
I think I'd be up for that - August would be difficult though for me

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm in. Just let me know and I will endeavour to be there. I unfortunately missed the ECUK launch but thanks for the info JRB.

·
10th February 2008
59,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll keep the list open for a few more day's. Then collect all the usernames of people who want to come and post them.

It's going to be a Friday Night. Probably towards the end of July. No meeting place has been decided yet, just a few places mentioned. But I was thinking we could meet up in the Piccadilly Tap, located on the ramp leading from Piccadilly Station. Easy to get to for those living in town, and handy for those coming in by bus, train or Metrolink. We can have one in there before going on. Plenty of options form there. NQ, Ancoats, Canal Street, or a 10 walk to Deansgate, Spinningfields, or anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts