The St. Andrew Church was built between 1079-1098 and its present architectural façade is from the XII and XIII century. It used to be of importance in the defence of the city. Built in Romanesque style it is one of the oldest buildings in Kraków. From 1320 it was owned by the Order of St. Klara's. The Baroque interiors (decorations by Baltazar Fontana, paintings by Karol Dankwart and gilded altars) are in marked contrast to the cruder defensive façade of the church.