Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Website Description: The vibrant agricultural heritage of Waterloo Region has helped make St. Jacobs Country's authentic Farmers Markets popular attractions for local shoppers and visitors alike, all year around! Here, on the east and west side of Weber Street, you will find more than 600 vendors both indoors and out, in a colourful rural setting. Come and fill your market basket!

Market District Map:

PHOTO TOUR - May 19, 2007

Welcome:

Buildings:

Main Building

Main Building

Main Building

Main Building - Inside

Main Building - Inside

Middle Buildings

Middle Buildings

Peddler's Village

Peddler's Village

Peddler's Village - Inside

West Building

West Building - Inside

Tours & Quilts

Tourism Office

Outlet Mall

Outlet Mall

Nearby Farm:

Horse and Buggies:

Crowds:

Entertainers:

Vendors:

Bread

Mushrooms

Cantaloupes

Cherries

Pineapples

Honey

Maple Syrup

Peppers

Various

Sausages

Fries

Flowers

Flowers

Flowers

Furniture

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Your photos aren't showing up. :nuts:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great photos! Looks like you had a nice day out there.

I'm still not entirely sure why it's called the 'St. Jacob's' farmer's market, seeing how it isn't in St. Jacob's, but whatever.

BTW, did you go to the Ice Cream Caboose? That was an eagerly anticipated Saturday expedition for my family when I was a little cementationfurnace.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Wait wait. On the yard of that castle-style building it looks like there's an American flag but no Canadian flag.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
The Canadian flag is there, it's just lying against the pole. Also speaking of that building, is it new or old? If it's old, it's in excellent shape, considering that architectural style is about a century old now, if not older.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Canadian flag is there, it's just lying against the pole. Also speaking of that building, is it new or old? If it's old, it's in excellent shape, considering that architectural style is about a century old now, if not older.
It's a modern building. There are a number of buildings by the same architect all over the region, and they all look relatively similar :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great photos! Looks like you had a nice day out there.
Yeah it was an awesome day to be out :)

I'm still not entirely sure why it's called the 'St. Jacob's' farmer's market, seeing how it isn't in St. Jacob's, but whatever.
The market is located in Woolwich Township. St. Jacob's is the closest town, so I imagine that's why St. Jacob's was chosen. The 'West Building' used to be the Waterloo County Farmers Market, but was rebranded under the St. Jacob's banner. I believe because St. Jacob's has become such a strong rural/town/farmers' brand. (use the Waterloo brand for high-tech/education)

BTW, did you go to the Ice Cream Caboose? That was an eagerly anticipated Saturday expedition for my family when I was a little cementationfurnace.
Yeah I used to go there as a kid as well, good memories getting a slushie :) I had the mini-donuts as my snack this visit.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait wait. On the yard of that castle-style building it looks like there's an American flag but no Canadian flag.
The American flag is there because Best Western is an American chain. But as vid said, the Canadian flag is there as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts