1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proud warmonger
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
St John's
Population: 446.000

All images in this thread from FlickR

This city has to be my most favorite city in terms of weather because despite not being the coldest city in winter it has heaps of snow. Here are some statistics about the city:
- rainiest city in canada (162 days per year)
- snowiest city in canada (300 cm per year)
- foggiest city in canada (168 days per year)
- Coldest city in summer (13 C daily average)

·
Briareos Hecatonchires
477 Posts
Despite the city being well known for having some of the worst weather year-round of any major city in Canada, many people I know from that city tell me that summers in St. John's aren't THAT bad - in fact, the weather can be pretty nice on some summer days.

In spite of the climate in that part of Canada, some of the best Canadians I've known are Newfoundlanders, or Newfies for short.

Oh, and the population stated is incorrect. The city proper is 100,646 (2006) and the metro is 181,113 (2006). The entire province of Newfoundland and Labrador is a bit over 500,000.

I'd love to check that city out, and I may be going there next year or in 2010 due to an annual conference (it's in Vancouver this year, but I'll definitely meet some Newfies there! :D ).

·
Registered
526 Posts
St Johns looks interesting thanks for the pictures. It would be good to visit one day - in summer!
My family on my father's side descends from a St John's born Scotsman (his father was posted there with British troops) who came to Australia in 1845.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts