Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 7432 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
18,099 Posts
because two of us created a new thread at the exact same time. they both need to be deleted.

P.S. i feel this tower is perfect for the site. we can have unusual designs in other areas such as spital, or down westbar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Its great actually having two 100m+ towers in the pipeline at once.

When the Arts Tower has been the tallest for nearly 30 odd years
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,760 Posts
A welcome addition to Sheffield's high-rise community on paper, i still think the reality may stick out too much, and i dread to think what it may end up looking like if St Pauls PLace #1 is anything to go by. Fingers Crossed.
 

·
Be the Love Generation
Joined
·
642 Posts
dinp said:
That shows that although it will certainly be a prominent building, it wont stick out quite as much as some people had dreaded. Phase two of St Pauls Place will raise the density and height of the surroundings as well :)
I can't agree with you there, that render shows no colour or detail so of course doesn't stick out. The actual building may well do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,010 Posts
Lord_Bertrum said:
I can't agree with you there, that render shows no colour or detail so of course doesn't stick out. The actual building may well do.
When i say 'stick out', I meant in terms of height in relation to the surroundings. Many people i've talked to have said this will be too tall, but the density building up around St Pauls Place will, IMO, lessen these fears and what we'll end up with is an attractive landmark tower that doesn't look out of place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,771 Posts
dinp said:
When i say 'stick out', I meant in terms of height in relation to the surroundings. Many people i've talked to have said this will be too tall, but the density building up around St Pauls Place will, IMO, lessen these fears and what we'll end up with is an attractive landmark tower that doesn't look out of place.
I was one of the naysayers. However, provided the design is the best of Conran (simple elegance) i think this 'll look very good indeed.
Shame the Yorkshire Grey has to go.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
18,099 Posts
the tower, car park and other buildings at st pauls place are apparently supposed to start construction in the summer. - so in a few months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
hella good said:
the tower, car park and other buildings at st pauls place are apparently supposed to start construction in the summer. - so in a few months.
According to this report from The Star work will begin in the spring, if their right I'd say anytime between late March and early May :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,559 Posts
Wasn't it around about this time last year that we were all waiting for work to start on Eclipse? Hope this project has a different outcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,977 Posts
This is the councils baby and an important piece of the Heart of the City project. it's 100% to go ahead unlike the CALA debacle.
 
1 - 20 of 7432 Posts
Top