Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project starts on page 320 - http://www.stpete.org/agenda packets/2018-03-15 Council Agenda.pdf

Great little infill project. Only 1 parking space per condo which I love. No retail, but the area doesn't have enough scale for ground floor retail yet in my opinion especially with the Trop redevelopment in limbo.

Overall, a great project that should be much more affordable than most condos being built in St. Pete. Hopefully, we start seeing more of this type of development in similar areas in St. Pete

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
I’m 100% fine with this. I hope it eventually spurs more development south which then I hope spurs better connecting the areas separated by the interstate.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice little project... Delmar fronts the interstate. Nobody's walking to retail there anyways.

And it started on file pg 301 when I looked?
Hmm I guess I can't read. Yeah it is 301.

And I don't think this is affordable units in that they are marketed to mixed income. I don't see anywhere on the application where it states it, but I also can't transcribe a page number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, please note while this project was sold to the City as affordable housing, it is in fact, housing for the homeless.

FYI, please note while this project was sold to the City as affordable housing, it is in fact, housing for the homeless.

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
If true, that is amazing.

IDK where they got the millions of dollars to build such a project, but wow. They're going to win a lot of awards for this.

St Pete is really lucky to have this.

·
Registered
655 Posts
In speaking to Councilwomen Driscoll about this project, she mentioned that it would be affordable housing, not housing for homeless people. She specifically said it could house people at or just below the average income. Maybe she was wrong but I doubt the entire building will be homeless housing.

But even if it was, so what?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Consider, people who need affordable weren't necessarily living next door...most migrate to the urban areas because it is easier for them to get what they want.

Many are not even from the Bay area...build it and they will come.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Driving into St. Pete yesterday, noticed that there was equipment on site. Looked like for drilling but this one might be under construction. I’ll check it out today.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Can confirm this is U/C. There was a decent amount of groundwork and nice size hole in the site. Couldn’t get a pic because the fence around it and it was pouring down rain when I passed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.