1. General provisions
The following rules apply to the 5th edition of “Stadia Designers Cup”, further called “The Competition”.
The Competition is organized by Mateusz Cegielski from MSTADIA.net.
Official partners of the Competition are:
- StadiumDB.com (Stadiony.net);
further called “Competition partners”.
Official Competition site (further called “Official Website”) adress: bit.ly/sdc5-at-MSTADIA
Official Competition thread at SkyscraperCity.com forum (further called “Official Competition Thread”) adress: bit.ly/sdc5-at-SkyscraperCity
2. Conditions of participation in the Competition
Taking part in the Competition requires filling up a signing-up form available at: bit.ly/sdc5-sign-up
After signing-up form closes on day mentioned in paragraph 5.1, each contestant who signed up is obligated to confirm his/her will to take part in competition by responding to an email which will be send to contestants on provided email addresses after signing-up form closing. Without the confirmation, contestant will not be allowed to take part in final votings.
Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
Participation in the Competition means consent to the processing of personal data by Organizers and Competition partners.
3. Subject of the Competition
The essential task of the Competition is to design a concept of an interim stadium for Red Bull Bragantino* which is going to be team`s homeground until it get back back to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and join race for the champions title. After that, stadium which is subject of the competition will be remodeled to capacity below 10 000 seats and going to be used as secondary ground for academy and/or juniors team.
*name is going to be changed with the beginning of 2020 season
The proposal concept must meet keep the standard of 3rd category class stadium, regarding to the european standards.
The proposal concept must:
Competition and partners logos
- refer to the history and heritage of host-club;
- fit in the area on the site plot designated by Organizers (marked pink; terrain topography may be changed only in this particular area);
- have a total capacity from 10 000 to 15 000 seats for hosting first team (phase I) which might be easly decreased permanently to level of 5 000-10 000 seats for academy and/or other smaller or amateur clubs in the city (phase II);
- have a pattern made of seats which represents full logo or just logotype of title sponsor “Red Bull” on one of the stands;
- have on facade at least one well visible signboard with a commercial name of the stadium which must include some reference to title sponsor`s name (non-literal one preferable).
must be well exposed in the proposal concept interior, e.g. on LED adboards around the playing field.
4. Competition entry
Single contestant or designers team is entitled to submit only one Competition entry.
Competition entry must be submitted in digital form (photos of handmade models, drawings scans, etc. are also allowed).
Competition entry must be submitted in English.
Competition entry cannot be signed or marked in any other way which could guide to contestant`s personality and/or nationality.
Requirements for competition entry content are as follows:
- architectural boards layout recommended;
- title board with a „full-screen” aerial/bird eye view of the stadium in phase I;
- view on the interior from the highest possible point in the stadium corner, the so-called “beauty-shot view”;
- at least one interior view, both phase I and II (two or more recommended);
- at least two exterior view, both phase I and II (one from human eye perspective and one from any other);
- basic masterplan with legend;
- at least one basic cross and longitudinal section, both phase I and II;
- western/eastern and northern/southern elevation view (recommended all four).
Any extra forms of presentation, e.g. videos, 360° views are allowed and well welcomed.
Technical requirements for competition entry are as follows:
- max. 12 boards in 16:9 ratio (JPG format obligatory);
- min. resolution: 1920x1080 pixels for horizontal and 1080x1920 pixels for vertical orientation.
Only design that have not been published in internet before the voting process launch date or participated in any other competition can be submitted as the Competition entry.
Competition entry is submitted via the application form available on the Official Website.
Application form will automatically turn itself off after deadline date specified in paragraph 5.1.
Organizers claim the right to disqualify or degrade in final ranking the contestant if his/hers design does not meet conditions contained in paragraphs 3 and 4.
Organizers claim the right to use content of submitted entry for purposes related to the Competition, i.e. promotional, exhibition and information.
By submitting entry, contestant declares that his/hers work is entirely original and does not infringe the copyrights of third parties.
5. Competition agenda
The agenda of the Competition presents as follows:
- signing-up form opens - 1 VII 2019, 20:00 CET;
- launch date: 22 VII 2019, 20:00 CET;
- questions & answers (Q&A) and potential major changes in competition brief/regulations: 22-28 VII 2018;
- signing-up form closes - 31 X 2019 - 23:59.59 CET
- deadline date: 15 XI 2019, 23:59.59 CET;
- competition entries verification and potential corrections: 16-17 XI 2019;
- public and jury vote: 18 XI 2019, 18:00 CET - 24 XI 2019, 23:59.59 CET;
- final results announcement: 26 XI 2019, 20:00 CET.
Competition deadline is not changeable, however Organizers claim the right to change deadline date on contestants request, about which is obligated to inform on the Official Website and Thread on SkyscraperCity forum.
6. Voting process and final rankings
Public vote will take place within the period specified in paragraph 5.1 according to the following rules:
- each voter is entitled to vote only once by selecting his favourite 3 entries giving them respectively: 3★, 2★ and 1★ where 3★ is the highest note;
- each voter is obligated to distribute all 3 points/stars, otherwise vote will not be valid;
- each voter attempting to give more than one vote will not be included in the voting process at all.
Jury vote will take place simultaneously with Public vote according to the following rules:
- Jury squad will be announced no later than the day before the voting process begins;
- each Juror is obligated to assess all entries in three categories:
- and Presentation;
in scale from 1★ to 10★ where 10★ is the highest note;
- each category has different "weight", respectively x3 for "Architecture" and “Functionality”, x2 for "Presentation".
Contestant whose design will score the highest number of points/stars in Public and Jury vote combined will become The Winner of the Competition (further called “The Winner”).
If two or more contestants will score the same total of ★ (points) in Public and Jury vote combined, the one who had better result in Jury vote will be classified higher in the final ranking.
If still tied, contestant who received more 3★ notes in Public vote will be classified higher in the final ranking (if still tied, repeat respectively with 2★ and 1★ notes).
7. The Winner privileges
The Winner will receive a personalized glass statuette and customized commemorative Competition jerseys in host-club resembling style.
According to “The Cup follows The Winner” rule, following edition of “Stadia Designers Cup” is going to be held in homeland of The Winner. However, it cannot stay in the same country for two editions in a row and cannot go back where it already was in edition before.
If it turns out that The Winner comes from the country which is currently hosting “Stadia Designers Cup”, next edition is going to be held in homeland of runner-up.
If it will not solve the situation, The Cup moves to the native land of the highest classified in final ranking contestant which is not a countryman of previous two.
The Winner will be invite to co-operate in early stage of next edition`s preparations.
8. Final provisions
By taking part in the Competition, contestant confirms that he/she agrees to the rules of the Competition contained in these Regulations.
Organizers claim the right make changes in regulations, about which is obligated to inform on the Official Website and Thread on SkyscraperCity forum.