SkyscraperCity Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

· PompeY2J
1,846 Posts
What do you think about making the phrase "I'm not satisfied" an official motto of this edition? :lol:
I think it's mostly cabin fever. We've spent four months surrounded by this design that we start self-criticising and hating it. Give it time, and we'll all see the beauty in our own designs again.

· (Nilaul)
2,130 Posts
Seriously guys congrats.
Nice progress, the competition standard is increasing every time.
The stadiums all have good ideas, and generally, everyone has done a good job.

I was really intrigued by the "pitches on Stadium" concept. It is a lovely idea and you should definitely work on it more, as it would be a great project to have in your portfolio. Maybe further evolve the elements, perhaps not have it all covered by pitches, perhaps add some community spaces too? A park, an outdoor gym etc. The structure of the roof would also need to be reworked, and a few other quirks there, but seriously man! What a lovely concept!

· mStadia.net
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Detailed statistics and feedback from Jurors will be published tommorow ;)

Today is about the final ranking and new... well, it turns out new-old Stadia Designers Cup champion :D Congratulations to Igor Laerte who as first designers in the competition hisotry has defended the title!

However, the Cup cannot stay in the same country for two years in a row, so let's check who's the runner-up... @marseille13! Well, that means we'll see each other in 2020 in Germany! :banana:

· Registered
1 Posts
Greetings to all, i'm the new one.

I would also like to join the competition next time, if we could design a Stadium with a bigger capacity. Something like 40-50k seats.
Especially if we make this competition for 1.FC Nürnberg.

Greetings

· Registered
220 Posts
Ugh, I missed the voting :\

L.E: Here are my thoughts.

1st place: Design 6
I love the concept! And I have a soft spot for the spaciousness and the amount of natural light you can get here. The roof made me think of the roof of San Siro on a smaller and thinner scale, haha.

2nd place: Design 4
What got my attention, hell, even took my breath was the views from the South Stand in its big version (that should be kept!). That is one awesome view! The second thing, just like at design 6, I love the "transparent" roof and natural light. And 3rd thing: it's still a fairly simple concept, nothing fancy that could go wrong. One question: I haven't seen any safety measures for the sides of the big southern stand, how would that be done?

3rd place: Design 3
That exterior design is pretty! Those stripes definitely prevent the exterior from looking dull, while the stands and roof seem a mix of design 6 and design 4. Those north and south stands reminded me of Estadio de la Ceramica (and there are probably other similar ones too). One question here as well: only 1 entrance to the parking lot?

· mStadia.net
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
#n Name Surname or alias, Overall (rank)
Jury vote (rank) | Public vote (rank)

RPM -> open image in new tab to see full resolution

#1 marseille13, 308 (II)
200 (V) | 108 (II)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Joshua Cutler, 250 (VII)
143 (VIII) | 107 (III)

#3 Igor Laerte, 438 (I)
253 (I) | 185 (I)

#4 Armas L, 278 (IV)
211 (II) | 67 (VI)

#5 Kenny Michiels, 266 (VI)
206 (IV) | 60 (VII)

#6 Jay Stewart, 303 (III)
206 (III) | 97 (IV)

#7 abde01, 269 (V)
196 (VI) | 73 (V)

#8 Mski - Projects, 238 (VIII)
185 (VII) | 53 (VIII)

· PompeY2J
1,846 Posts
https://pompey2j.blogspot.com/2019/12/estadio-bragantino-construction-diary.html

Part 2 of my construction diary is now live. This one covers the main stand facilities, seat texturing, and goes into the exact moment I started settling on my design idea. It's a bit weird to think that I made it a week into the design with no clue what I was going to do.

That being said, I am looking forward to SDC6. Germany should provide a fun site and maybe I will get to play with snow for the first time.

· PompeY2J
1,846 Posts
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.