SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
mStadia.net
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SR Brașov representative just made a SkyscraperCity account and will reply to all your question later today, so if you have any which wasn't asked yet, now is the time to post them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
In section 3.4 “to preserve the “Rezistenta din Munti” mural from south-west corner of current stadium and implement it into new one, preferably in the same corner”
Is there any pictures or information about this? I’ve looked on google maps and can’t see anything as well as images which there aren’t many of.

·
PompeY2J
1,603 Posts
What type of usage are you anticipating for the mini-hotel? Is it intended to provide accommodation for visiting clubs etc? Or is broader use intended (and therefore different access requirements and parking spaces)?

How many rooms are intended?

·
Registered
671 Posts
What about the sidewalk? There seems to be no space for that.

·
PompeY2J
1,603 Posts
So I should probably update with where I am at. My first priority has been to very quickly get the basic shell of the stands in place, and add the seats into position. The good news is that I have 20,601 seats in place, so once I go and add the disabled spaces and vomitories, I'm thinking I will be sat at around 20,000. I have spaces that I can very easily add or subtract capacity if necessary, so I should be bang on alright for that.

I've been putting the requisite thought into how the building would be constructed, because you wouldn't want to close the stadium for a year or two if you can get away with it. I'm pretty sure I have come up with something that would prevent the need for that.

I'm a bit nervous still about the roof and how to best accomplish that. Because of the shape and profile of the stands, at least one area is going to look weird. I've thought about a cantilever approach, but I don't think I have the space. I guess once I finalise the form of the stands, I'll be able to focus more on the roof.

Having mapped out my schedule on this project, I'm quite time limited. I have a big event on the weekend that the competition closes, so I need to bring my schedule forward several days. I probably need to finalise the form of the building this weekend if I am going to make it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have some other points that need clarification:

How many wheelchair positions should be included? According to UEFA's guide a 18 000 capacity stadium requires 140 positions, a 20 000 capacity stadium requires 150 positions. That piece is going to be EU regulation and should be met by new stadium projects!

Can I use German legislation for the dimensions of escape routes, stairways, vormitories etc.? It's quite common that German legislation is used even in foreign stadium projects given the level of sophistication that it offers ...

Are there any restrictions as to the maximum height of the stadium?

Are there any restriction as to how deep into the ground I can dig for the stadium?

Is there a requirement for a designated away sector? If so how big should it be? Where should it go?

I would be grateful if someone responds to these questions and also mine.

·
mStadia.net
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have to ask you for patience. Earlier today, before I went to work I sent a message to the Club with a request when they will be able to answer your questions. Still waiting...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think you should reconsider this rule: "to keep playing field in unchanged position"

I'd like to move the field maybe 5-10 meters towards south. Currently the area we're supposed to place the main stand is the smallest in the lot. This combined with the fact that the opposing stand (south) must not block the view to the mountains calls for some quite awkward solutions.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think you should reconsider this rule: "to keep playing field in unchanged position"

I'd like to move the field maybe 5-10 meters towards south. Currently the area we're supposed to place the main stand is the smallest in the lot. This combined with the fact that the opposing stand (south) must not block the view to the mountains calls for some quite awkward solutions.
I actually did move it 5m south and kept the orientation. There is 5m less space up north where the main stand is. Since you can dig in the pitch I don´t see the problem in moving it down a bit and keep the orientation the same.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I actually did move it 5m south and kept the orientation. There is 5m less space up north where the main stand is. Since you can dig in the pitch I don´t see the problem in moving it down a bit and keep the orientation the same.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do but according to the rules you'll get disqualified for doing so.

21 - 40 of 174 Posts