SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Freedom to Cyprus
4,057 Posts
:)

What happened with the New Omonoia Stadium?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Omonoia was both willing and able to build an even better and bigger stadium than GSP but due to corrupted interest as always, Cyprus Gov did not give omonoia the permission to execute the stadium plans.

Omonoia even had the land purchased and ready but gov. said that the area near pera chorio is considered to be just a 2 floor building area and the new stadium was supposed to be 5 floors , Althow in the nearby area there are several ugly buildings taller than 3 floor CYprus Gov. did not make an exception for OMONOIA.

I strongly believe that Cy government thinks there is a Staggering Budget Gap and a Reluctance to Fill and make GSP stadium profitable from the rest of the teams besides omonoia. So in other words They take advantage of omonoia funs to make money.:eek:hno:

I would like to remind you that omonoias President (not demitres) jovanni owns one of the biggest construction companies in Cyprus so as soon as they give to the green club the green light omonoia stadium will be ready in NO time.

This load of crap is but for all of us.. (not just omonoia funs)
Cypurs deserves an even better stadium than GSP.

·
Freedom to Cyprus
4,057 Posts
I believe with the new Nicosia Local Plans in 2010, Omonoia will be able to build the stadium.

Is not only a matter of the 2-3-4 or 5 floors, the land in that area is only for agriculture use... also the New GSP is 5-6 floors high and the area there supports only 2, so the floors are not so important

They will be only allowed to build the stadium if they had more land in the same area. Actually they can build only in the 25% of one Scala (2400sqm), and as you know omonoia bought exactly the land of piece that they wanted. The stadium may need 100.000+ sqm with the parking and etc... So in order to build it now they need 400.000+ sqm of land. :) So its better to wait for the new local plans, and the area to enter to a residential zone.

"This load of crap is but for all of us.. (not just omonoia funs). Cypurs deserves an even better stadium than GSP."

I dont believe the new Omonoia stadium is revolutionary, the design is 90s. They can do it better.

The new GSP has expansion plans, when they decide to make them. the stadium will be much better.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Without omonoia they ll never be able to expand it! so there you go..:cheers:

i do also agree, omonoias stadium plans were indeed quite outdated but remember they were made the time of Fantis ... In the Miltiades Neofytou Era things will be a lot:lol: different.. :lol::lol::lol::)

·
Sky Is The Limit
Αιμίλιος
1,913 Posts
ΑΛΛΑΖΕΙ ΟΨΗ ΤΟ «ΑΜΜΟΧΩΣΤΟΣ»

Η Νέα Σαλαμίνα να πραγματοποιεί την καλύτερη της παρουσία την τελευταία δεκαετία και ταυτόχρονα, οι παράγοντες του ιστορικού σωματείου στοχεύουν σε βελτίωση και της έδρας της ομάδας. Σε αυτό το πλαίσιο, οι ερυθρόλευκοι προτίθενται να προχωρήσουν σε σημαντικά βελτιωτικά έργα στο γήπεδο «Αμμόχωστος».

Πρώτιστος στόχος είναι η αύξηση της χωρητικότητας τους σταδίου κατά 2.500 με την δημιουργία νέας εξέδρας (πέταλο) στο δυτικό μέρος του γηπέδου. Έπειτα, η τοποθέτηση καθισμάτων σε όλο το γήπεδο, η βελτίωση των χώρων υγιεινής και των δημοσιογραφικών θεωρείων καθώς επίσης και των χώρων των αναπήρων.

Ο Κ.Ο.Α έχει εγκρίνει το ποσό του 1.100.000 ευρώ , ωστόσο για να απελευθερωθεί το συγκεκριμένο κονδύλι από τα ταμεία του οργανισμού θα πρέπει οι «ερυθρόλευκοι» να καταβάλουν τραπεζική εγγυητική ύψους 400.000 ευρώ.

·
Registered
968 Posts
AN DEN KAMI GIPEDO H OMONOIAKKA NA MEN KAMI KANENAS.
ENA MOU ESHI GIPEDO H KATHE OMADOULA KAI H OMONOIA NA MEN ESHI?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts