SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you can post pictures of stadiums in the Birmingham Metro Area, like Villa Park, St. Andrew's, The Hawthorns and Molineux Stadium.

http://www.stadiumzone.net

has a collection of most stadiums, but not of the smaller ones. Villa Park is my favourite.

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
Your favourite

Holte End (Without the new mosaics)

Alexander Athletics Stadium

Home of the scum

Hall Green Dogs

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
^^

I was about to say on the contrary it's one of the widest, but realised your joke once I saw the picture.

I think the stadiums in the Midlands really do have some character, not just doughnuts in a retail park.

Molineux is my favourite. I love the curves.

·
Brummie Angeleno
15,206 Posts
Hoody - why do you make the statement about St Andrews like that? It doesn't help much. Personally I think Villa Park is worse off with the new Trinity Road stand replacing the historic stand that had stood there. I also don't like that it's got 4 totally different designs around the pitch. St Andrews may be only 3/4 finished but it's still larger than the Hawthorns and Molineux.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
As Coventry is part of the Birmingham Metro Area on these threads then surely the Ricoh Arena should be included.

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
Hoody - why do you make the statement about St Andrews like that? It doesn't help much.
MSP = You have been on the threads long enough to recognise the banter between Blues and Villa.

As Coventry is part of the Birmingham Metro Area on these threads then surely the Ricoh Arena should be included.
Feel free to post some Ricoh pictures?

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts

Part of Sandwell's poor leisure stock.

Sandwell never really cares much for its leisure facilities. They transferred to Sandwell Leisure Trust to generate more income and renew facilities. So far they have closed the gala baths in West Brom and done some titilation to Wednesdbury pool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts