SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´d like a $2 billion, world class metro system thanks.

The Asian Pacific Centre for Arts and Sciences.

I love the City of Arts and Sciences in València and I think it would work really well in Adelaide. Alexander Downer proposed something similar.

·
Registered
448 Posts
well i got my tram down to Hindmarsh wish.

i'd like to see this area turned into a full on entertainment precinct, free from the restrictions of the ACC and Lomax-Smith electorate. hopefully this will get more people to the soccer there and force an upgrade to Hindmarsh stadium to a 30K seater.

not sure how a tram to Westlakes will improve the traffic situation for AFL, unless it gets its own lane (but not at the expense of an existing car lane).

i'd also like to see a long term plan for residential high density and business hubs to be built around stations serviced by the upgraded lines.

would've been nice to see some shorter tram lines run to some of the eastern and northern inner suburban areas such as Norwood, Unley, North Adelaide, Prospect and Pasadena (maybe even Flinders uni)

not sure which South Road underpass is referred to???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well lads, I got my $2 billion PT wish. Not bad for dreamin´ eh?

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
Well lads, I got my $2 billion PT wish. Not bad for dreamin´ eh?
now dream up a super fast rail link in between adelaide and melbourne. Your dreaming seems to be working

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
Now all Adelaide needs is the Noarlunga line extended to Aldinga, A tram line to the airport, A tram line along Magill road and Adelaide would have it's complete metro area covered!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
My dream is for a underground city loop from the northern/western lines running through to the southern lines. Cool.
I got another wishlist today, I bought my new bicycle, a hybrid. I love it

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
^^ its just a cross between a mountain bike and a racer. It seems to be the new official term for city/urban/commuter bikes. Simply, it looks like a mountain bike with straight handle bars, but will thinner tyres (still with good tread). Riding around the city, you prob use 30% less energy rather than peddling round like a dog on a mtn bike.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
I have a mountain bike and it shits me to tears slugging it out to go anywhere. though i can't complain though, it did cost me $129 form Kmart.

How much was your bike?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
$600, after a little discount, which is mid-range quality. Top model in that range is $1200, which has better quality components, and more lightweight. I took both for test ride, you could tell a slight difference when changing gears, and also the expensive one didnt look very good. $700 was my budget limit though.
I didnt mind an Avanti bike, but they look too much like a racer and very show offy/snazzy ie thief target. :lol:
Get ready for football now Cruise, actually its a late game, hmmm its getting dark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts