1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
437 Posts
nice pics! good match finally to be at in blue!!

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Good stuff. A great night to be a New South Welshman. As for the lenses, what lesnes did you use to get those wonderful closeups?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
How did you sneek the long lenses in?

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bag checker didn't seem to mind. :) 250mm is not that long, the pros on the field all had what looked like 400mm and 800mm.

·
Registered
76,947 Posts
nsw bashed qld this year. lots of walking wounded.
great photos. you can feel the atmosphere.

ive heard how in a few years, they are talking playing an oriigin match on the m00n! yes the m00n!
but they worked out there wouldnt be any atmosphere .!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think its the best sporting fixture of the year - the rivalary that goes with it, the atmosphere and the coverage of it.

Apparently one million tuned into origin in Sydney on Wednesday.
lol whatever. Just because it was in Sydney doesn't automatically mean its the best sporting fixture, unless your talking about only in NSW. Outside of those 2 rugby states its completely irrelevant, and its rugby

·
exto, extare, extiti
420 Posts
Oh dear, State of Origin only includes half of all Australians. I guess the Australian Open Lawn Bowls Championship is the real greatest sporting fixture in Australia, given that support for bowls is evenly distributed throughout this nation.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
lol whatever. Just because it was in Sydney doesn't automatically mean its the best sporting fixture, unless your talking about only in NSW. Outside of those 2 rugby states its completely irrelevant, and its rugby
Have you even seen it? You won't find a more excited crowd and better quality of play, it's the best of the best athletes and a fierce state rivalry.
And it's hardly irrelevant. Game 1 down in, Melbourne AFL heartland was a sell out. 56021 crowd at Etihad stadium.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
it's not actually, rugby is short for rugby union, league is short for rugby league :)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
The bag checker didn't seem to mind. :) 250mm is not that long, the pros on the field all had what looked like 400mm and 800mm.
FYI, I was not having a go, just most conditions of entry is 100mm max (I have had 2 friends turned away). And if they decide to enforce it where are you going to leave the gear.

I always get angry watching the pro's run around with their L series getting knocked around like they don't care.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a 15-85mm lens on it when the bag checker checked. He didn't look at the other lenses in my bag. Perhaps I got lucky, but it's just a cheap kit APS-C 250mm, I don't have a high end telescopic as I usually do urban photography.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Just as a general tip, check the terms and conditions of your ticket and that of the stadium. If they dont specify anything about bringing in camera lenses, they should have no problem letting them in.

Obviously if photography is prohibited,dont take your camera.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts