June 18
ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Game 3
July 9
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
I have got my tickets to games 1 and 3. Origin is the best sporting event we have in Australia.

For the first time that I can remember the Lang Park tickets haven't sold out immediately. They really jacked the prices this year. They left a few nose bleed seats at the "bargain" price of $80, which sold out quickly. But just about everywhere else in the stadium is considered Gold and Silver zones, $220 and $250. I have got a Maroon membership, which was about $690, and gets me a good halfway seat for 2 games, plus a XXXX brewery tour ticket, an $80 Canterbury voucher and a silly red wig. Lucky I can afford it, but the rest of the ticket prices are way over the top. We want some of the real fans there, and not just the suits.

It's game 100, I'm proud to say I was there for game 1 too, way back in 1980. Been to plenty inbetween as well. Heaps in the 80's at home, and the one at the SFS in 1989 where Qld had most of their players injured and still won with Wally scoring a great try (after a Trevor the Axe Gillmeister special tackle to get Qld possession). All 3 games in 1991, including Wally vs Geyer and the following game which was Wally's last. The first drawn game in 1999 which meant Queensland retained the title that year. I missed a few when I lived in London, but I've been to every home game from 2005 on and to all 3 games again in 2011 when sadly NSW won at the Olympic stadium in game 2.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are saying that 7000 tickets are still available to Game 1, so anyone eager to go might get their ticket e.g. the man begging in the walkway near Milton Station in Origin III 2012.

It is a bad year if your a scalper.

As for the nose bleed seats, they are seats with an obstructed view. I'm not sure what that means in terms of Suncorp Stadium as to what is blocked.

I do feel that tickets not just to origin but NRL Games in General are too expensive and add in the extras like food and drink and the costs blow out more.

I'll admit I feel like going to game three just to be there and soak up the atmosphere and forking out airfares and hotel rooms. 2012 was a blast for me. :)

More Photos

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talking about 1991 Aussie Bhoy, here is the clip of Mark Geyer doing it rough. He gets a licence to do what he wants yet the NSWRL punishes him for it despite the fact he was given the OK. Hypocritcal thinking. Not that I'm saying it was the right thing for him to do. He got his just deserts for doing it.

·
Registered
77,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Using "State of Origin" like that would probably be a sponsorship infringement. A client of mine offered a promotion for winning set of Origin tickets with paid accommodation trip to Melbourne to see the game. They were not allowed to use the words "State of Origin". In the end could only use the colours and the state acronyms QLD and NSW. The headline ended up being something like "Win a footy Experience of a lifetime".

·
Registered
77,359 Posts
ive seen worse today in shops. any food uyou can imagine. all SOO. yew

·
#pantherpride
1,562 Posts
Coles, I would say.

After all, they are the "official supermarket" of the NRL.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cannot wait for tonight!!!

Did anyone hear of the new DVD coming out to celebrate 100 origins featuring 100 moments. However the NRL has told the production company to not include any biff.

But the biff is part of origin. It was a biff started by Artie Beetson that began the intense rivalry.

For the younger guys, it was channel seven that broadcast the first game back in 1980. The original commenatators talked about it in 2012.

Seven News, July 1 2012

The best fight of all time from 1995.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
I guess they can hardly have a major campaign going to end fights in the game, and then profit by making a video with the fights being the highlights at the same time.

It is going to be a great game, Queensland's stars are 1 year older, NSW have yet another new halves pair. Queensland are missing Sam Thiaday, NSW is missing Greg Bird.

I have a feeling the props will be the most important players, Scott and Myles vs Tamou and Woods.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess they can hardly have a major campaign going to end fights in the game, and then profit by making a video with the fights being the highlights at the same time.

It is going to be a great game, Queensland's stars are 1 year older, NSW have yet another new halves pair. Queensland are missing Sam Thiaday, NSW is missing Greg Bird.

I have a feeling the props will be the most important players, Scott and Myles vs Tamou and Woods.
But people will want the biff and big hits as part of the complete package even if the NRL has condemned it.

·
#pantherpride
1,562 Posts
Even on the back of 8 straight losses, I still get excited for it. I love the theatre of it, more than anything.

Hopefully we at least stick with the same halves pairing for this series, particularly if we get smashed tonight. But Daley has publicly stated that Pearce was omitted because of what happened in the Cross, so who knows what to think.

However, I know it's still early days, but I suspect that Luke Brooks may be seen as our long term number 7, provided he continues on an upward path.

·
WARREN
8,211 Posts
Just over four hours to go until we learn what I've already predicted: you legends you bloody Maroons, you've done it again :yes: :dance::carrot:

Where's all the idiots with the blue wigs gonna be?

·
Registered
77,359 Posts
wow, now that was one hell of a game.
well done blues.! Galen and hayne, awesome.
ref shayne hayne is a dickhead. hopeless descions.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts