SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to tonight, I have a ticket, lousy seat, right at the back behind the goal posts but at least I will be there. Having a few drinks around Caxton Street before the game as well.

Hope Queensland can win.

Gillmeister, The Axe, one of my all time favourite players.

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And on the subject, I am getting sick of the NSW reporting on State of Origin. The game in Los Angelos was not an offical State of Origin and does not count in the records.

Also there were not 2 drawn series, they were won by Qld, a drawn series meant the trophy was retained by Qld, the players played accordingly. I was in the crowd for one of those wins, and believe me the crowd and team treated it as a win, Qld still had the title, like Sheffield Shield cricket finals or boxing title fights it has to be won from the holders.

Also, what is it with underhand payments to keep NSW players loyal to League and away from Union (Anasta, Johns) whilst star Qld players can go with no such Channel 9 or other sponsors (ARL/NRL/NSWRL allowed) payments to keep them as League players. Tuquiri, Rogers and Sailor were big losses to the Qld team and are all now star players with the Wallabies.

Years the title of state supremacy has been won

Qld 14 - NSW 11

·
449 Posts
Aussie Bhoy said:
And on the subject, I am getting sick of the NSW reporting on State of Origin. The game in Los Angelos was not an offical State of Origin and does not count in the records.

Also there were not 2 drawn series, they were won by Qld, a drawn series meant the trophy was retained by Qld, the players played accordingly. I was in the crowd for one of those wins, and believe me the crowd and team treated it as a win, Qld still had the title, like Sheffield Shield cricket finals or boxing title fights it has to be won from the holders.

Also, what is it with underhand payments to keep NSW players loyal to League and away from Union (Anasta, Johns) whilst star Qld players can go with no such Channel 9 or other sponsors (ARL/NRL/NSWRL allowed) payments to keep them as League players. Tuquiri, Rogers and Sailor were big losses to the Qld team and are all now star players with the Wallabies.

Years the title of state supremacy has been won

Qld 14 - NSW 11
Amen Aussie Bhoy.
Drawn series indeed! Both times the Qld plays looked a lot like they considered themselves genuine winners of the series. And judging by the dejected faces and tears of the NSW players, It is hard to argue that they were experiecning the contentment of a drawn series. Remember the second time that there was a drawn series, and the stage officials asked Fitler or Johns (cant remember who was captain that year) to join the QLD captain in holding up the shield. A shield that had been won by QLD. Fitler/Johns looked embarrassed to be in that position, because he knew that QLD had won the series. I seem to remember that his comments after the game supported this view.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
At least you all get to see it Live on TV.

Channel 9 Melbourne is a Rugby League drought declared area.

Anyone remember the fun I had last year, through the transportation thread, when Virgin delayed my plane 2 & 1/2 hours and I got to see the last 24 minutes.

Channel nine, we are not happy Jan.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
No shit! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

But what about the 0.00001% of the population down here who would rather be knee deep in xxxx cans at the old cauldron than stuck down here, then walking up to Hoggies and sitting out on the balcony putting shit on all the cockroach fans as they walk past in tears. :) :cheers:

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Aussie Bhoy said:

And a drawn series is a drawn series!!! Nobody can win a drawn series.

·
Kasper
462 Posts
I am as annoyed as you are Fav! Why don't they show it? I love watching Origin! Stupid 9.....probably won't get huge coverage but still! At least SEN has it live on radio.

·
Melbourne-Sydneysider
375 Posts
I agree...Channel 9 should be SHOT for not showing it live...Well done to SEN for having the guts though...

SoO is shown

LIVE throughout the British Isles
LIVE in the USA thru Fox Sports
LIVE into Canada
LIVE into France
LIVE into SE Asia and throughout Japan,HK and India
New Zealand....LIVE

and Melbourne..........delayed............

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
well that was a terrible descion with ty williams try. should never been awarded.
that 3rd umpire descion was the ball game. now 10-blot.

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
qld seem to want to play more ?.nsw are getting too tied and giving away way to many penalties. shocker

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
wow 13-o. NSW have blown several oportunities for points. i dont think ricky stewart will be happy?

i cant see nsw turning game around?

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
^ asi said to fabian

Its possible, but i would have to say its unlikely.
if they did it would be one hell of a 'flip flop' 'turn around' 'u-turn' ...lol

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
ExSydney said:
I agree...Channel 9 should be SHOT for not showing it live...Well done to SEN for having the guts though...

SoO is shown

LIVE throughout the British Isles
LIVE in the USA thru Fox Sports
LIVE into Canada
LIVE into France
LIVE into SE Asia and throughout Japan,HK and India
New Zealand....LIVE

and Melbourne..........delayed............

hahahahah thats too funny. Maybe its a "F U" to QLD and NSW.

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
nsw should have scored heaps bt now.bad luck.maybe i ment qld by 20.?lol
ah well.
well each team will thrash each other once and then a close 3rd game.all going to script.
rooney try finally
19-4 :bash:

1 - 20 of 293 Posts