Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
This is great news. I noticed on the map that U.S. 11 crosses the lake on its own. What happened to that bridge? I thought U.S. 11 used the same pavement as Interstate 10 on the twin span.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting stuff. What about the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway? I thought that one was pretty damaged too after Katrina.
The Causeway is fine and sustained no damage. It's been open since immediately after the storm.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Causeway is fine and sustained no damage. It's been open since immediately after the storm.
That really surprised me. Why was it that the Causeway came out so well?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Interesting stuff. What about the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway? I thought that one was pretty damaged too after Katrina.
I drove across that causeway a year and a half after the storm, and there was no damage whatsoever. The bridge is a nice ride across the water. I liked it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I drove across that causeway a year and a half after the storm, and there was no damage whatsoever. The bridge is a nice ride across the water. I liked it.
Upon reading up, it seems that it's only something like 11 feet deep across the lake. Makes sense that they can make a 30 something mile long bridge then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts