SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
Why not a weekly photo thread 'bout the States?
Or is there already smth like that?

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is my fav. shot of the skyline from Busch stadium:

St. Louis is a great city, probably the city with the most culture in the Midwest. One of the most under-appreciated cities in the U.S, IMO. I was fortunate enough to visit last summer to attend some Cardinals games, nothing better than watching a Cards win and then hitting the downtown nightlife scene. :banana:

·
Southeast Missourian
99 Posts
I love Missouri. Born and raised here. I like St. Louis a lot, too, though I've never lived there.

Missouri is beautiful year-round.

5.8 million people call it home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Um...the University of Kansas JayHawks (you know...'Rock Chalk JayHawk, K-U'). They beat Carolina in the NCAA men's b-ball championship this year. You live in Missouri, you should know that. by the way, I'm a Duke fan.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Um...the University of Kansas JayHawks (you know...'Rock Chalk JayHawk, K-U'). They beat Carolina in the NCAA men's b-ball championship this year. You live in Missouri, you should know that. by the way, I'm a Duke fan.
I'm not a sports person (except when taking pictures of it), so I'm a tad ignorant on that subject.
It's just a comment about KU in a MO thread threw me off a bit. But I think I can understand the relevence of this. I think...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh, :) understandable. The new 'Power and Lights district' in KC is pretty nice as well. I checked it out during march madness and I liked what I saw.

·
Southeast Missourian
99 Posts
It's mostly midwestern.

With a touch of southern.

I've had this debate before.

I would post some pics, but I don't really own any, so I'm not allowed to post them.

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
What about that terrible flood? Did it already reach St. Louis?

·
Southeast Missourian
99 Posts
It effected some people in the metro area. I don't think it damaged any of the city. There were people recently watching the river rise at the river front. Some towns just north of St. Louis were washed out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts