Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stavanger-Sandnes is Norways third largest urban area behind Oslo and Bergen. It consist of the two nearby cities of Stavanger (which is Norways fourth largest on its own) and Sandnes that have increasingly grown together and are now counted as one. The thread will be dedicated to showing projects in both Stavanger and Sandnes as well as their closest suburbs.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SR Banks headquarter construction update. This is claimed that it will become one of Europes largest timer office building. It's not specified how far up on the list it will become, but there is another timber office building under construction in Oslo which is claimed that it will become Norways largest such, so I assume it is after that one at least.

Renderings.

Video showing how the timer construction is built. They appears to be behind schedule.

·
15,909 Posts
I love the use of wood in these projects; makes them stand out without losing the simplicity

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I would guess that the Stavanger area is the place in Norway that got the highest concentration of wooden modern architecture too. It's probably related to the historic streetscape being so dominated by old wood buildings that use of wood in modern architecture is seen as more fitting and a nod to it. It also become increasingly popular to use wood in construction in an effort to reduce emissions, but that's not something that is unique to Stavanger.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ So that's gonna be the first tower in the city?
It's not given that it will be built as envisioned above. As far as I understand the city have yet to approve the proposal, but they have opened up to the idea of having such a high tower in that general area whatever that means (the article I read it in was behind a paywall so I'm not sure what it entails, but I assume they approved a regulation plan for the area).

It will however become the highest tower in the Stavanger urban area if it does indeed get built. The second highest is a 80m high building known as Rica Forum Hotel located outside of the city core.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Øglændkvartalet in Sandnes city center. It was approved by the city a while back, but the county protested the decision because the angled roof on one of the buildings would be replaced by a setback floor. The government had to step in and gave their approval of the plans including the setback floor. Construction start should now be imminent.

The building above today:

Location: https://www.google.no/maps/@58.8508...r9FxRRHJyD3ReEzVUzyQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?dcr=0

1 - 20 of 66 Posts