Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be a very sensative topic for some of you, but I think that if we act mature enough, don't take things too seriously, and watch what we say, we can have a pretty enjoyable conversation about stereotypes that we have of ourselves or people from outside our ethnic group/ race/ gender/ sexuality/ religion/ etc...

So here's a stereotype that "became" true last Sunday before going to WeHo Pride.

I went to pick one of my friends to his house. He doesn't live in East LA and he doesn't live in Boyle Heights either, he lives in this area close to CSULA. I think it's called City Terrace, I don't know.

I was very hungry and he asked me if I wanted to eat some tamales and champurrado. I told him that I didn't know what a champurrado was and he said, "Really? Ok... I'll buy you a champurrado, then. Just look for a little old lady pushing a cart with a cooler selling tamales. She's pretty nice. Her name is Maria"

My other friend and I laughed because we thought he was kidding. I mean, come on... How stereotypical is that? But all of the sudden he went like, "There she is! Stop!" And yes, there was a little old lady pushing a cart with a cooler selling tamales and champurrados and yes, her name was Maria.

I'm still not over it... It still makes me laugh.

Got any other stories?

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
You're eating those 1,000 calorie tamales during Pride season........shit, you're brave!!

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahah... Dude, I'm like skinny to the max.

I'm actually on the "tamale diet" ... I want to gain at least 15 lbs. Yup yup...

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
Hahah... Dude, I'm like skinny to the max.

I'm actually on the "tamale diet" ... I want to gain at least 15 lbs. Yup yup...
Are you a bottom? If so, don't hook up. It'll be..messy.

Anyway..I'm so totally not black.

I'm 6'6 and I don't have any desire to play basketball.

I usually date white, nerdy guys.

I prefer baked chicken over fried.

I use 'so totally' in sentences.

I want to become an architect.

I have 2 pairs or shoes..both of which are dirty.

I've never been a fan of rap.

I love The Golden Girls.

I use large words in daily conversation. (Discombobulated I use almost daily)

I hate soul food.

But I don't have a job and I'm lazy.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
The word 'discombobulated' seems as if it were invented by a black person.

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
Worst. Thread. Ever.
I agree. I actually hate people who are living stereotypes. I'd like to punch them in the face and go, "STOP PERPETUATING THE STEREOTYPE!"

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you a bottom? If so, don't hook up. It'll be..messy.

Anyway..I'm so totally not black.

I'm 6'6 and I don't have any desire to play basketball.

I usually date white, nerdy guys.

I prefer baked chicken over fried.

I use 'so totally' in sentences.

I want to become an architect.

I have 2 pairs or shoes..both of which are dirty.

I've never been a fan of rap.

I love The Golden Girls.

I use large words in daily conversation. (Discombobulated I use almost daily)

I hate soul food.

But I don't have a job and I'm lazy.
Hahah, no. I'm not a bottom. But trust me, I take care of myself when I know I'm going to bottom. ;)

Worst. Thread. Ever.
I knew someone would say something like that... that's why I wrote that little paragraph at the beginning of the thread.

I agree. I actually hate people who are living stereotypes. I'd like to punch them in the face and go, "STOP PERPETUATING THE STEREOTYPE!"
I think we all dislike "walking" stereotypes... but there are stereotypes that most people would consider to be good/ positive.

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
EEWWW CHAMPURRADOS!!!!

ugh... eeeeeewwww hahaha

excuse me I need to go vomit now

And I thought they only sold Tamales and champurrados during winter.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Well if that's the case I was w/ a boy once who must have eaten a whole mess of tamales before getting w/ me......no pun intended.

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EEWWW CHAMPURRADOS!!!!

ugh... eeeeeewwww hahaha

excuse me I need to go vomit now

And I thought they only sold Tamales and champurrados during winter.
But champurrados taste good.

And well, I assume champurrados are something that people would drink during cold weather ... but people eat tamales every season of the year, yup yup.

Well if that's the case I was w/ a boy once who must have eaten a whole mess of tamales before getting w/ me......no pun intended.
You just reminded me of this Ukranian guy... :eek:hno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts