1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
First Hotels ska bygga Stockholms största hotell med 650 rum i en 80 meter hög byggnad", säger Mats Jämterud.

Great! :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am slightly worried that so many things so far away from Stockholm itself may not be overly popular -- can there be really such a huge demand for such a large hotel, so much business area, etc. -- but I sure hope it turns out great. :) The current Arlandastad is already doing quite well so I am hopeful. It'd be nice to see this combined with an expansion of the actual airport, to allow for more travelers. Pendeltåg all the way to the airport will probably be done by then too, which will help.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Architecture-wise it looks really interesting! But that first render just screams 'suuubuuurbaaan' :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
i think its too far from Stockholm,still the project could be successful.
But i wouldnt like to work there

·
forumer #29
4,848 Posts
the location is excellent - if you're travelling by car. If you, like me, use transit it's really really off. I'm thinking it'll be a success, but not somewhere I see myself going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
50 000 jobs in a location with such poor transit. I don't like it.
I won't be a patron either. I don't have a car and I hate flying, I try to avoid it as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By then there will definitely be pendeltåg to that area... :) It's already gotten better, with Upptåget.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great with all the development - I just wish it wouldn't be located several tens of kilometres from the city...
Exactly, putting all these jobs in a location so far from the city is insane. Even if the pendeltåg will be extended to Arlanda, you can bet that most of the people going to these 50k jobs will drive. If they had put all this development in a more central location more accessible by transit, most would probably take transit.
IMO it screams poor planning.

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
It's an airport city... it's supposed to be near an airport, it's the whole point with this project...

·
KTH-student
555 Posts
^^

I agree. Those jobs are probably linked to the airportoperations. So if it wouldn't be built next to Arlanda, there wouldn't be any new jobs at all.

In Linköping there will be a great development near the airport, which is only a kilometer from the city core. Okay, we're not talking about 50k jobs here, as in Arlanda, but the idea is the same. A general aviation center and aviation park will be built to stimulate the growth of the already large area of aerotech companies and the international business in the region. I know that Skavsta airport also has these kind of plans, so it's not uniqe.

IMO 50k jobs in Arlanda is better than no jobs at all.

·
Original Yimby
1,055 Posts

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
I think it looks pretty decent... It's an airport so we shouldn't get our hopes up for something unique... And that skywalk thingy looks really interesting!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts