SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1406 Posts

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stockholm's Trains

I did some transit spotting during my Stockholm visit, and will post photos here as I process and upload them to my server.

Slussen is an excellent spot to see trains moving in and out of the main rail station. The backdrop is very nice with the historic Gamla Stan next door.

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
these rock-stations are just the best. i think, they are one of the most beautiful and most interesting metro-stations in the whole world. i like the idea itself and the way they did it, too

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hmm, makes me want to go back! Some of these stations look absolutely amazing. Especially the blue line is great. The whole system is very good really, always enjoyed travelling on it when I live there..

Since this is a 'Stockholm's trains' topic, could someone please post some of the Pendeltåg trains. The new ones look absolutely fantastic, although I found the older ones to be more comfortable.

·
Bark twice if in Milwauke
487 Posts
Stockholm Subway - coolest metro

Stockholm Subway
from ueba.net

·
6,509 Posts
Yes yes, the subway stations themselves are the best! I've never seen a metro as cool as that of Stockholm's! Whoever design those things have such great vision and has done well to further enhance the transportation system of Sweden's largest city! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i love it... i've never seen stations where the ceiling and walls are left as it is after boring and construction... are there any other subway systems like this in the world???

and i love the artwork too...

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt
7,759 Posts
You've got to be kidding, right?

Aren't you, right?

I mean, you just got to be kidding considering that I use the god damn Metro everyday and it's absolutely disgusting. It's always filthy- on the plattforms as well as down on the rails - loaded with old newspapers, icecream sticks, paper from old sweets, a ton of old cigarettes, matches, shall we go on?
Station Slussen is famous for its, how to put it right, odour (urine).
Seeing vomits and faeces is not that uncommon either, no.

The trains' frequency is just laughable, I mean, every 10 minutes?!?! God, that's the frequency many commuter train systems in continental Europe got. And what about this policy of 5 min on peak hours? 5 min?!?!?!
That's ages in other systems, a real peak hour is everything from every 30 seconds to 3 min.

Plus that if you understand Swedish, you'd get tired of hearing everyday from the loudspeakers that the train is delayed due to vandalism or due to a fault in the signal system and so on...

Did I also mention that it's also filthy inside the wagons? Did I?
And that people are usually rude? Like for instance, putting up their feet seats, throwing rubbish on the floor, and generally speaking just being very rude.

Did I also mention that the last station to be inaugurated was back in 1994?!?!

And that the 'so called' artwork (they claim that it's the world's longest art gallery, haha) is seriously overrated....

Thanks though for your efforts and for being so kind.

Cheers and have a nice day.

·
Patatero Inside
9,688 Posts
Cool yes, coolest no, St Piter or Moscow clasic metro stations are coolest.

·
6,509 Posts
Plus that if you understand Swedish, you'd get tired of hearing everyday from the loudspeakers that the train is delayed due to vandalism or due to a fault in the signal system and so on...
Oh please!!! The only possible reason why a train in the Stockholm subway system would be late is because they are crap Bombardier trains that are prone to breaking down all the time. That is my only gripe on the Stockholm subway system, otherwise its an underground paradise! :yes:

1 - 20 of 1406 Posts