SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scandinavia's New York. I think I'll start! Feel free to add!
here are some pics with not the best quality but still nice photos from Downtown, mostly around sergel and berzeliis in Stcokholm city.
More to come!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I think they look horrible in winter-time but loooks O.K in summer time :p

·
Banned
21 Posts
I don't find Stockholm beautiful. Think it looks a little ugly. Copenhagen and Oslo is far nicer than Stockholm. I don't know about Helsinki, never seen it. :)

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
LOMO said:
I don't find Stockholm beautiful. Think it looks a little ugly. Copenhagen and Oslo is far nicer than Stockholm. I don't know about Helsinki, never seen it. :)
well u should def. check out the helsinki pics on this forum ! ;)

Nice pics from sthlm but these don't show the best side of the city !!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Talking about New York... yes, I can see one similarity between Stockholm city (the area in the pics, around Hötorgscity) and Manhattan. The flow of people is quite even from all directions in many streets. In Göteborg it's always one street that leads the people mainly in one direction. I don't know about Copenhagen, their Ströget maybe gives that effect too. But maybe there is a center where many busy street crosses too? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I like Stockholm city, ugly or not, it's busy and that's good. It gives a nice contrast to other more mellow areas in a city.

But they should try to do something about the many boring facades from the 60s, 70s. It's mystery to me that our capital has a collection of really poor architecture in the city center. Why not fill them with neon signs, that would be a step up.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
To be completely honest, i don't think it's fair comparing Scandinavia's 2nd largest city (;)) Stockholm to New York City ;)
In architecture, density, population, culture/diversity, skyscrapers, they don't compare AT ALL, unfortunately (in some ways...)
That doesn't make Stockholm any less beautiful though, IMO. :)

It reminds me a lot of Copenhagen, which is obviously a good thing, for me atleast :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stockholm is so beautiful, but not in New York style! I think New York should envy Stockholm' beauty :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The large city is felt, that of Stockholm.
It will be necessary there to visit. In August I will have holiday, then and...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It just when I'm in downtown Stockholm, it reminds me of new york a bit. Many of the buildings are inspired by New york, and the streets are big with quit big sidewalks too..It has a new yorkish feeling no doubt.
Of course Stockhom can't compete with New york, but downtown Stockholm city feels a bit like manhatten, a very small version though

·
Have a mint.
396 Posts
Parzival said:
Accoding to that site, forbes Danske Bank is the biggest company in Scandinavia, I don't know about that though, but it's no doubt the biggest Bank.
Again, you are completely wrong.
Nordea is the largest bank in Northern Europe, or Scandinavia if you will.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
_tictac_ said:
Again, you are completely wrong.
Nordea is the largest bank in Northern Europe, or Scandinavia if you will.
well, Danske BAnk was listed before Nordea at forbes list, but that lsit was kind of suspicous, but could u at least post sources then.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Parzival said:
well, Danske BAnk was listed before Nordea at forbes list, but that lsit was kind of suspicous, but could u at least post sources then.
dude, everyone knows nordea is the biggest bank in northern europe.... nordea is my bank btw ! ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, well. it just that stupid Forbes list, but Danske Bank is obviosuly not very small either.

·
abdrakadabra
45 Posts
nice pics but I hate the yellow cabs, they were much cooler when they were black :)
maybe they are the reason sthlm reminds you of new york..? :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts