Fishing

Dramatic Theathre

In the mall "Gallerian"

[/url]
Sergels Torg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Great, very nice photos from Stockholm :cheers:
Great, very nice photos from Stockholm :cheers:
Thanks to Christos and dj4life for liking these photos.

The Opera

At the mall -Gallerian

Lebanese Restaurant, Regeringsgatan

Taxi on Mäster Samuelsgatan

Rålambsvägen non touristy part of the inner city

St Jakob Church

[/url]
Begging for money

Street vendor on Hamngatan
Very interesting shots!

Great to see some streetscapes from Stockholm, in addition to the aerials and panoramas:)
Very interesting shots!

Great to see some streetscapes from Stockholm, in addition to the aerials and panoramas:)
Yes. I tend to take more photos of people nowadays instead of buildings only.

Norrmalmstorg

Nybroplan

Security guards at Sergels Torg

Kungsgatan (King's street)

Russian orthodox church on Birger Jarlsgatan
Reactions: capricorn2000
Great to see Stockholm from a different angle. keep them coming
They're quite normal pictures actually of a lot of the main areas of Norrmalm. I just hopethis poster is not making a political statement too with regards to the Romanian beggars on our streets (hence the pictures of them) judging from his previous posting about people of different "colours" or ethnicities...
En påskkärring?
A Easter Funny?

Firefighter at Gustav Adolfs Torg

American Cookies in the mall

Wellness centre in the mall

Outdoor Café

Sharp dressed man in the mall

Nalen at Regeringsgatan, an old concert hall popular in the 1950-60's.
Good presentation of the capital of Sweden!
Amazing Street Scenes of a wonderful city !
I usually go to Stockholm once a year, but this time was my first visit here since august 2012. Each time I drive here everything changes so much I hardly recognize the city at some places.
Lots of construction, new roads and motorways, tunnels, the city is always expandning.

But from an international perspective it's still a quite serene place as someone wrote, it's close to nature, yes it's a bit more metropolitan than Helsinki & Oslo
but as it's located far away up north on the sparsely populated scandinavian peninsula, it lacks the big city athmospheare of continental european cities of similar size.

Clock Tower, Nybroplan

Reading the newspaper at an outdoor café

A backstreet on the north side: Surbrunnsgatan

Subway station -Kungsträdgården- not a very busy station.

Statue of the legendary King Karl XII. "The warrior king"

These are some black people in the park

Spiderman is coming to town. -Sergels Torg-

Businessmen at MediaMarkt in the mall. -Gallerian-

Parking garage in the city centre. Very ugly building.

Motorcyclist at the opera house
But from an international perspective it's still a quite serene place as someone wrote, it's close to nature, yes it's a bit more metropolitan than Helsinki & Oslo
but as it's located far away up north on the sparsely populated scandinavian peninsula, it lacks the big city athmospheare of continental european cities of similar size.
I don't know if I agree with this. I've only lived in Stockholm for a year, but it's a plenty hectic place much of the time. I've been to similarly sized cities on the continent, and I don't see a lot of difference when it comes to "big city atmosphere".

Plus, Easter is definately the wrong time to judge that. It's too early for the tourist season here in Scandinavia, and a lot of swedes spend their Easter with family in the countryside (something like 70% of swedes have access to a second home in the countryside). My guess is that central Stockholm was far quiter over Easter than usual. I wouldn't know for sure though, since I was out in the countryside myself.
Reactions: dj4life
Love this! Stockholm is one of my favorite cities
Very interesting and beautiful photos from Stockholm!
I don't know if I agree with this. I've only lived in Stockholm for a year, but it's a plenty hectic place much of the time. I've been to similarly sized cities on the continent, and I don't see a lot of difference when it comes to "big city atmosphere".
Compare Stockholm with a city of similar size in continental Europe like Brussels, Amsterdam, Munich and you will definately experience that Stockholm is serene.

Why? because the continental cities are located in areas with much higher population density and there are many other big cities closeby.

Stockholm is more isolated, surrounded by water, nature and has the Baltic Sea to the east.
Don't exaggerate Stockholms isolation. The whole lake Mälaren area is quite densely populated. Not like the Low Countries obviously, but it's hardly untouched nature. Stockholm has got several mid sized towns within an hour or so by train or car; Uppsala, Södertälje, Västerås, Nyköping, Eskilstuna, Enköping etc.

And the cities you mentioned all lie in the most densely populated part of Europe. There are plenty of similarly sized cities in continental Europe with similar population densities in their region as Stockholm. For instance, I was in Prague last summer and that city is hardly less serene than Stockholm (though the number of tourists are larger).
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.