SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took some photos.

The construction site

Test cladding

The pavillion, the information center about the arena.

Shadow of the future.

Models.

The seats.

The synthetic grass.
^^ Amazing :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks good

I follow the construction of the stadium every day via webcam and go once a week there and try to get me a look at it "live", looks good so far :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pics

Well thank you Carrie, I guess :)

Bad weather today, but I took about 150 pictures, not the best quality but here are some of them:

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
So from what I understand, the interest in club football is reasonable in Sweden?
I saw till now you had small stadiums for clubs with, practically, the biggest stadium in the country unused by neither a club or the NT ( Ullevi ).
So AIK will play on 50.000 from 36.000, Hammarby on 30.000 from 16.000 and Djugardens will still play on the old Olympic, aren't they pissed off? :tongue3:
This comes as a surprise especially because Hammarby are now in the 2nd division!? You must have loyal fans over there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So from what I understand, the interest in club football is reasonable in Sweden?
I saw till now you had small stadiums for clubs with, practically, the biggest stadium in the country unused by neither a club or the NT ( Ullevi ).
So AIK will play on 50.000 from 36.000, Hammarby on 30.000 from 16.000 and Djugardens will still play on the old Olympic, aren't they pissed off? :tongue3:
This comes as a surprise especially because Hammarby are now in the 2nd division!? You must have loyal fans over there.
Yes we are very loyal of course :) We need this stadium cause söderstadion is very worn and to small..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Tvs5uYMqM

·
Registered
445 Posts
The thing is that Swedbank Arena is being built so they can lower the number of seats to ~35.000 when AIK plays. This stadium (Stockholmsarenan) though, is totaly unnecessary and Hammarby will never fill every seat (except possibly the first game of the season and the derbies). Every team in Stockholm has loyal fans, but far away from 30.000.

My team, Djurgårdens IF, is trying to build their own stadium right next to the old one, at Östermalms IP. But the ground, where ÖIP is located, is owned by the King and his fellowmens in KDF (Royal Djurgården Administration) and they aren't the most positive crew in the world. If KDF ever says yes to a stadium at ÖIP there will be a dream come true.

Last summer I walk with about 2600 others throughout Stockholm City to show our support to the new stadium for Djurgården.
( try spot me ;) )

·
Registered
54 Posts
My team, Djurgårdens IF, is trying to build their own stadium right next to the old one, at Östermalms IP. But the ground, where ÖIP is located, is owned by the King and his fellowmens in KDF (Royal Djurgården Administration) and they aren't the most positive crew in the world. If KDF ever says yes to a stadium at ÖIP there will be a dream come true.

Last summer I walk with about 2600 others throughout Stockholm City to show our support to the new stadium for Djurgården.
( try spot me ;) )
A dream? If a dream for you is that your club goes bankrupt, well, than i think it's a good thing.

It will all end up that djurgården plays at Stockholmsarenan, just like AIK and Hammarby.

A own arena for djurgården, would take your economy to the bottom.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
A dream? If a dream for you is that your club goes bankrupt, well, than i think it's a good thing.

It will all end up that djurgården plays at Stockholmsarenan, just like AIK and Hammarby.

Sounds a bit harsh, doesn't it? The lifeblood of every stadium's economy is the fans of a regular football tenant to fill the stands week in, week out. And doesn't DIF have exactly that?

·
Registered
445 Posts

You are joking, right? How could DIF go bankrupt because of a stadium? Ever heard of external financiers? DNA?

"Since last autumn, a new business network has emerged behind Djurgården Football. The network is part of the effort to create a new, stronger Djurgarden, which will become the leading football club in Scandinavia, both in sport and financial terms."

DNA - Djurgårdens Nya Affärsnätverk (Djurgårdens new business network):
Bunge Henrik CEO, Adidas Sweden
Hagnö Felix Founder, TradeDoubler.
Persson Stefan Board Chairmane, H&M
Persson Karl-Johan CEO, H&M
Sundin Mats Hockey Legend
And many, many more.

·
Registered
83 Posts

:lol: This quote just goes to show that you know very little about Djurgården's arena project. The club would be unaffected even IF the arena economy fucks up, and this is because it will be owned by an independent company, Djurgårdens arenabolag. This company is, by the way, already formed. But yes, when Djurgården get 100% of the revenue from the new arena the economy will be changed, for the better. :cheers:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Don't forget. Daddy's money wont last forever... :lol:

But good luck, I will laugh like never before when it happens....
Clubs in Sweden NEEDS their own stadium, otherwise they will not survive. Look at Elfsborg for instance. They have a well going economy because of their stadium. Stop talk rubbish. Typiskt gnägg..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clubs in Sweden NEEDS their own stadium, otherwise they will not survive. Look at Elfsborg for instance. They have a well going economy because of their stadium. Stop talk rubbish. Typiskt gnägg..
Ofcourse, i understand that. But there are manny other factors in the "game".
Look at Malmö FF, and their arena for exemple. They are one of Swedens most rich clubs, with a lot of fans, but still, they don't go economic minus even after a year they win the league. Most because of their arena.

Djurgården haven't got the results on their sides the past few years, and the economy haven't been the best. We all know that, when djurgården fotboll is in the bottom of the league, as now, you have around 5000 spectators each games. Could you imagine what you would have if you where in the second league, Superettan?

And with factors like, when the hockeyseason starts up, and people decide to spend their money to se djurgården hockey at Hovet...

Then you have even less spectators.

Could you imagine what would happen on a new arena?

I know all of you always complain about that the tickets are expensive att the games at Stockholms Stadion, and that you can barely see whats happening on the pitch because the seats(benches) are placed 10 meters from the pitch.

But do you think the tickets would be cheaper only because you have your own stadium? Do you think people would pay so much money, to see djurgården play against BK Häcken in the middle of October, when djurgården has taken a stable place in the bottom, just the way they've done right now?

Do you think people would go and watch the games even if it where cheap?

I'm not sure djurgården would survive this.
We'll, good luck, you'll need it...

djurgårdsfitta.

But good for me, I don't want to see djurgården in the highest football league. I want to see you in the second, where you belong.

21 - 40 of 484 Posts