SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ofcourse, i understand that. But there are manny other factors in the "game".
Look at Malmö FF, and their arena for exemple. They are one of Swedens most rich clubs, with a lot of fans, but still, they don't go economic minus even after a year they win the league. Most because of their arena.
But Djurgården want's to build and OWN thier own stadium. Malmö FF only owns 25 % of Swedbank Stadion and has a leasing contract. DIF doesn't want to have such a contract with AEG or SvFF. Djurgården wants to own the stadium to 100%. A leasing contract will kill the club in long term. I am no expert but IMO to own a stadium and get all the income is way better than lease and only get the income of the games.

Djurgården haven't got the results on their sides the past few years, and the economy haven't been the best. We all know that, when djurgården fotboll is in the bottom of the league, as now, you have around 5000 spectators each games. Could you imagine what you would have if you where in the second league, Superettan?

And with factors like, when the hockeyseason starts up, and people decide to spend their money to se djurgården hockey at Hovet...

Then you have even less spectators.

Could you imagine what would happen on a new arena?
Not really. Many people (including me) would still go see Djurgården if they would play in SE. A new arena would attract the "supporters" that don't want to go to Stockholms Stadium that often. If you have ever seen a game from "kurvan" or the fond stand (fondläktaren) you know why there are only ~6k there. It's like 30m to the pitch, big pillars blocking the wiew, benches, etc. With a new high class stadium I am sure more people would find it more fun to go see Djurgårdens IF FF.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ofcourse, i understand that. But there are manny other factors in the "game".
Look at Malmö FF, and their arena for exemple. They are one of Swedens most rich clubs, with a lot of fans, but still, they don't go economic minus even after a year they win the league. Most because of their arena.

Djurgården haven't got the results on their sides the past few years, and the economy haven't been the best. We all know that, when djurgården fotboll is in the bottom of the league, as now, you have around 5000 spectators each games. Could you imagine what you would have if you where in the second league, Superettan?

And with factors like, when the hockeyseason starts up, and people decide to spend their money to se djurgården hockey at Hovet...

Then you have even less spectators.

Could you imagine what would happen on a new arena?

I know all of you always complain about that the tickets are expensive att the games at Stockholms Stadion, and that you can barely see whats happening on the pitch because the seats(benches) are placed 10 meters from the pitch.

But do you think the tickets would be cheaper only because you have your own stadium? Do you think people would pay so much money, to see djurgården play against BK Häcken in the middle of October, when djurgården has taken a stable place in the bottom, just the way they've done right now?

Do you think people would go and watch the games even if it where cheap?

I'm not sure djurgården would survive this.
We'll, good luck, you'll need it...

djurgårdsfitta.

But good for me, I don't want to see djurgården in the highest football league. I want to see you in the second, where you belong.

AIK had a drop from an average of 17 436 in 2009 to 11 872 in 2010. That's a drop from one season to another of 31%. That big of a drop in average attendance has not happened to DIF since they were relegated in 1999.

This is the case with all clubs. Yours and mine. You are not winning any arguments in here.

If elfsborg and Kalmar can build stadiums, why can't DIF? Swedbank stadion has a capacity of 24 000, DIFs stadium will have a capacity of 18 000. That means it's somewhere in between kalmar and Malmös stadium with a similar size to borås arena. Elfsborg had an average attendance of 8 423 last season and 9 719 the season before that. DIFs attendance last season was 7 178 (one game with no spectators because an incident 2009) last season and 9 435 the season before. Almost the same average the difference being that DIF are playing in a stadium from the year 1912, with both short ends 30 meters from the field and elfsborg playing in a super modern stadium and elfsborg being in the top of the table and DIF fighting to avoid relegation.

Borås arena was very cheep to build, so we have to compare between other stadiums. Kalmar and Malmö. 250 m kr and 695 m kr. DIFs budget is for a stadium of a cost of around 450 m kr. Again in the middle.

Last year Malmö won the gold with an average of 15 194.

Djurgården today has the highest ticket prices of any team in allsvenskan.
For example. The cheapest season ticket you can by in the stand 30 meters from the pitch costs 1500 kr. In a AIK game, a season ticket for an whole family costs 900 kr in råsunda stadium. Stockholms stadion really only have around 5000 good seats.

In a new stadium DIF will have an opportunity to have reduced prices for children, seniors and family in far better seats that we don't have now. Also standing supporter (klack) that today pay a minimum of 2 100 kr for a season ticket in stackholms stadion could end up with prices around what you in AIK have today of 1 300 kr on norra stå.
An average around 8 000 or 9 000 today fighting to avoid relegation could very likely be around 11 000-12 000 in a better stadium. Would you not agree? Putting us 3000 short of MFF winning gold in a stadium 300 million kr more expensive. After all. MFF and DIF has historically very similar attendance if you go back in history.

You say that they have more supporters than us, but DIF have had better average attendance than MFF four times since we got back in allsvenskan in the year 2000. And if you look at the 90s we it was the same story then the few times we played allsvenskan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not trying to say that I'm 100% right, but i believe that it all will end up like I say.

I like that clubs own their own stadium, just like we are planning to in a couple of years, but there is not always the same conditions between building a arena out at the boonies, as building one in the middle of the capital. The taxes aren't the same.

Nothing is written in stone, and it's not even sure there will be a djurgårdsarena at Östermalms IP.

But back to the topic, you've got my thoughts, and I've got yours.

We'll take it upp some day if a Djurgårdsarena is starting to get shape.

But still, where should djurgården play the 2-3 years when their expected new arena is being build. StockholmsArenan?

Isn't it so, that Stockholm Stadion aren't a approved Allsvenskan-arena after 2012(?) or 2013(?)?

I can hardly see djurgården at Swedbank Arena...

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
What will become of the old Soderstadion once the new Stockholmsarenan is completed, demolition?

·
Registered
601 Posts
What where they thinking here? Ugly pillar right in the stand. And won't the view from behind the pillar be obstructed?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm still not convinced. Why did they chose this design? I wouldn't like to pay for the seats next to those ugly concrete blocks.

I also read that the arena will have fake plastic grass... Big no no for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm still not convinced. Why did they chose this design? I wouldn't like to pay for the seats next to those ugly concrete blocks.

I also read that the arena will have fake plastic grass... Big no no for me.
Do you, or anyone else know, if Hammarby will end up playing here? I`ve read that the fans of Bajen really don`t wanna end up here, mostly cause of the plastic grass and the location.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
but what is the aim of this project? solna has a 50k stadium why this one with 30k?
Well. Originally the plan was to update söderstadion, Hammarby IFs home stadium on the other side of the globe arena. But it was soon discovered that there would not be possible to play international games after the update so they decided to build a completely new stadium instead. AIK think 50k is to big for them and still has not decided where to play in the future. Djurgårdens IF is stuck in there own stadium plans and the will have to play at either swedbank or stockholmsarenan for at least 5 years because of new stadium regulations by UEFA and the Swedish SvFF that prevent them for playing in stockholms stadion after 2013.

So this stadium will probably house both Hammarby and Djurgården and possibly even AIK.

Hammarby and Djurgården supporters don't want to play in solna because it's not a part of stockholm. It is another city.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Do you, or anyone else know, if Hammarby will end up playing here? I`ve read that the fans of Bajen really don`t wanna end up here, mostly cause of the plastic grass and the location.
The location is 300 meters from the stadium they play at today. Djurgårdens IF fans are not so happy though.
The stadium however has a crappy design for domestic football. The lower tier in the short end stands can only hold around 2500 standing supporters. The sideline stands tilt in capacity towards one short end and so on.

EDIT: And yes. Hammarby will play at stockholmsarenan.

41 - 60 of 484 Posts