SkyscraperCity banner

3521 - 3540 of 4259 Posts

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
The escalator down to Citybanan from the lower Red/Green platform at T-Centralen, as it was justa few days ago. Not long til they can start testing it :)

20160309_194114 by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

Reactions: stockholm79

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
The new batch of commuter trains have started delivery and testing.
http://www.jarnvagsnyheter.se/2016/03/x60b-testk-rs-p-norrl-ndska-ertms-banor
- Tåget har förbättrats på över 300 punkter jämfört med den tidigare X60-serien, säger Anders Bohlström, Customer Director, Alstom och fortsätter:
- Förutom att X60B är harmoniserat med det europeiska signalsystemet ERTMS, har vi fått nya direktiv om högre tekniska krav bland annat en anpassning till tunnelsäkerhet och resenärer med funktionsnedsättning, säger Anders.

Reactions: dj4life

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found out by accident today that X60B already is in traffic in Stockholm! Stressfully boarded a train departing from Stockholm C to Uppsala at 18:39 today and to my surprise realised that the interior was different. Took some quick photos of the new interior while I left the train, excuse the shoddy quality but atleast it's something!

Apparantly I can't post links or images because I have less than ten posts, so I hope you can copy paste the following link and remove the blank space imgur. com/a/UzEZ8

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
Let's try some forum magic! ;)

Found out by accident today that X60B already is in traffic in Stockholm! Stressfully boarded a train departing from Stockholm C to Uppsala at 18:39 today and to my surprise realised that the interior was different. Took some quick photos of the new interior while I left the train, excuse the shoddy quality but atleast it's something!

Apparantly I can't post links or images because I have less than ten posts, so I hope you can copy paste the following link and remove the blank space imgur. com/a/UzEZ8

pics!

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I recall correctly the Uppsala line is only gonna have X60B trains when they have enough of them according to my instructor when I recently did internship at Stockholmståg.
Exciting that they already have them out and running. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm just wondering how they are going to manage to squeeze another tunnel under city. Plus, the last thing T-Centralen needs is even more travelers. The whole system needs to be decentralized instead of flooding more passengers to T-Centralen.

Roslagsbanan to Odenplan sounds good, but would only be great if combined with a yellow parallel line to Liljeholmen. Seems very unlikely at the moment though.

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
I'm just wondering how they are going to manage to squeeze another tunnel under city. Plus, the last thing T-Centralen needs is even more travelers. The whole system needs to be decentralized instead of flooding more passengers to T-Centralen.

Roslagsbanan to Odenplan sounds good, but would only be great if combined with a yellow parallel line to Liljeholmen. Seems very unlikely at the moment though.
I totally agree about T-centralen. Roslagsbanan should definitely not go there. Odenplan or even Slussen + Södra Station would be far better.

I'm no fan of a yellow line going Odenplan-Liljeholmen tho and it can't be done anyway with the way the Yellow station at Odenplan is planned (it can't be extended at all given the official plans).

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
Makes sense. And has been suggested on forums like this one and yimby's before :)

Nice! The whole stretch from the fountain to the central station will be so much better than ever in a few years.

Dåliga nyheter gällande Tvärbanans framtida Kistagren.
http://www.dn.se/sthlm/tvarbanans-kistagren-kan-skjutas-upp/
:( Amenvafan! Men nya extramiljarder för att renovera Roslagsbanan finns. Var byggs & planeras det mer? Inte längs Roslagsbanan iaf. En station ska ju tom stänga för att för få använder den!

Reactions: Chilenofuturista

·
BRUSSEAU
1,668 Posts
so they are going to take the Roslagsbanan to T-centralen? That doesn't make much sense to me, better integration with the red line sounds more reasonable. They could spend the money, which is likely gonna be A LOT given the length of the tunnel, in some other project in a place that is not served by rail, like Tyresö or some other place.

I alla fall, I still find it amazing that Stockholm invests so much money on PT, it makes me laugh (or cry) when compared to any major city in Brazil, where they won't make a metro line if they don't have at the very least 30k pass/h*direction. :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
so they are going to take the Roslagsbanan to T-centralen? That doesn't make much sense to me, better integration with the red line sounds more reasonable. They could spend the money, which is likely gonna be A LOT given the length of the tunnel, in some other project in a place that is not served by rail, like Tyresö or some other place.

I alla fall, I still find it amazing that Stockholm invests so much money on PT, it makes me laugh (or cry) when compared to any major city in Brazil, where they won't make a metro line if they don't have at the very least 30k pass/h*direction. :lol:
I disagree, with Roslagsbanan rebuilt it will be very metro-like. The one of the biggest problem is that Roslagsbanan is badly connected to the rest of the network which this extension will solve. With Roslagsbanan to T-C, mostly double tracked and no level crossing there will be no difference between a metro and RB except RB's higher top speed.
Building tracks to Tyresö C will serve a very small population of Stockholm while RB serve all of the north-east already and will be a huge improvement for a large part of Stockholm's population.

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
It won't be metro-like in its pattern of use tho. Plus the plans for new hosing (and offices and...) within comfortable walking distance from the stations are for most stations completely absent. We get almost no new housing for all those billions spent on infrastructure. Tvärbana Kista and (a smarter version of) Subway 4 would give far more new housing for the same costs.
I'm not against Roslagsbanan getting upgrade to full double tracking and fully grade separated (the last is only needed on the two outer branches since the inner one should IMO be made the end of the Kista branch of the Tvärbana by way of a bridge). Would be great to see the northernmost branch extended to Rimbo and Norrtälje too.
BUT! it's just not worth the investment based on the low density around the stations.

Reactions: fireflyH2O

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe that new building's will follow when people and politicians realise they have a metro (in all aspects except what it's called) next door because people usually want to live where there is good public transport.
Great upgrade for all the people already using it already too, and more will surely start using it with this new route to the city center.

·
forumer #29
4,762 Posts
The modern history in Stockholm says that won't happen. Several subway stations still today after several decades are glaring examples of that NOT being how it works here.
Yes, in other countries it can work like that. But not here. Not today. Our planning process is set up so that people living nearby can stop such developments.

If this was how it worked in Sweden & Stockholm we'd be seeing big things happening in e.g. Stureby, Tallkrogen and Mälarhöjden. But we don't.

Reactions: ≈Adamski≈

·
SJ X3000!
883 Posts
I agree with Swede... The best example is this whole Kista branch BS. Think of Stora Ursvik

I centrala Sundbyberg har vi tunnelbana, pendeltåg och Tvärbana. I Stora Ursvik finns bara en busslinje. Hela planeringen utgår från att Tvärbanan ska byggas snart. Enbart bussar håller inte i längden, säger Mikael T Eriksson.

It's VERY ANNOYING to get to Stora Ursvik with a not very frequent bus line and this was an area planned with the idea that the tvärbanan was going to be the main communication line. But... Now, let's wait forever.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hopefully the politicians realise the yellow line is total BS and will put money on better use like the kista branch of tvärbanan. I still believe the RB tunnel should be a top priority though.

·
SJ X3000!
883 Posts
I think no one has post these pics.

So I have pics first from the escalators to the City Line platform from Odenplan:

And then, as you might notice. The entrance to the blue line platform in T-Centralen from Vasagatan, next to the pub and MAX, it's closed. But the one that is on the opposite side of the street, which has been closed for many years now, has oppened! Here are some pics. Including the big escalators to the City Line platform.

I don't know how this area used to look becuase I think it has been closed as long as I lived in Sweden (~5 years), but there are going to have several shops. None of them are opened yet.

3521 - 3540 of 4259 Posts