Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 3 or below

Votes: 6 7.6%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trasbourg (French: Strasbourg, pronounced /stʀazbuʀ/; Alsatian: Strossburi; German: Straßburg) is the capital and principal city of the Alsace région of northeastern France, with approximately 650,000 inhabitants in the metropolitan area in 1999. Located close to the border with Germany, it is the préfecture (capital) of the Bas-Rhin département.

The city's Germanic name means "town (at the crossing) of roads". Stras- is cognate to the English street from the German equivalence of the word, Straße, while -bourg from the German -burg ("fortress, town") is cognate to the English borough.

Strasbourg is an important centre of manufacturing and engineering, as well as of road, rail and river communications.

Strasbourg is the seat of the Council of Europe and the European Court of Human Rights and it hosts a seat of the European Parliament, together with Brussels.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Its not that good...

All that makes it even close to be considered to a skyline is those church towers in which don't really count....

·
Registered
318 Posts
3 for the skyline since there isnt any...the only thing that sticks out is the cathedral.
i´ve visited this city and can only say that i was completely completely amazed by how beautiful and nice it is. for its beauty it gets 10 points easily.

·
Ale głupi ci Rzymianie
1,895 Posts
Very nice city, though really no skyline. 6/10

The European Parliament building is great :cheers:

·
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt
7,759 Posts
It doesn't have a real modern skyline, but putting that aspect aside I'll give it 9/10 for its beauty by the water, its bridges and its architecture.

·
Rbati
127 Posts
Hop la! a pic of my school: Faculte de Chimie - Strasbourg:

Strasbourg is a nice city, but there is no skylines... => 6/10

1 - 20 of 60 Posts