SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
strasburg is a small town at where state route 741 and 896 meet. the town is a couple miles from the outlet malls of lancaster. farms, including some amish farms, surround strasburg on every side. the strasburg railroad, located outside of town, gives recreational rides throught the amish countryside (i remember going on this as a kid).

strasburg has the feel of a colonial town, since many buildings on the main street date back to the late 1700's and early 1800's, but it also has the feel of a farm town, since this town is a central area for the local amish. so, i guess it's accurate to descrive strasburg as a colonial-type farm town: an interesting and unique type of town to visit.

this is a town that i usually drive through to get to buffalo, or to schuylkill county when my other grandparents were alive. i've seen ths town countless times.

here are a couple picture i took of the town last year. i never got around to posting them until now. i'll have more threads showing forgotten pictures form the northeast later on.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just noticed you posted these. Nice. When I was a little kid, my parents would take the family to Lancaster and Strasburg for a week every summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts