Skyscraper City Forum banner
3341 - 3360 of 3609 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
17,032 Posts
This stupid Carbuncle cup is mentioned too many times on this forum.

Last years 'winner' was the brilliant Liverpool ferry terminal, and this years contender include the Strata and the Walbrook.

They will probably put the Aquatics centre up fr it next year and then the Shard in 2012.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
This stupid Carbuncle cup is mentioned too many times on this forum.

Last years 'winner' was the brilliant Liverpool ferry terminal, and this years contender include the Strata and the Walbrook.

They will probably put the Aquatics centre up fr it next year and then the Shard in 2012.
'the brilliant Liverpool ferry terminal' I hope your joking???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to feel the back is the best part of this building! It looks very sophisticated. I think if the front had also used similar toned grey tones it would have made the overall building look even better than it does.

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
james that first picture is excellent - you've made it look like a child's toy! Some of the architectural detailing is very impressive - the two red ears are worth a mention. It doesn't look like any other skyscraper - I hope Batman buys the penthouse :)

·
Barcelona lover
7,647 Posts
What a gem...I'm even starting to like its 'matrixesque' back now(which used to be the main issue to me). Despite its relative small size Strata deserves to be praised as its design truly is fab. The above pictures are lovely, though if you don't mind me asking, would it be possible to get some more pics of Strata by night please? This tower is gorgeous in the daylight but looks even more magic at night imo, especially owing to its horns and the amazing light scheme...

:cheers:

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
From this view it's must be like sitting on the bridge of the Enterprise (geeky I know) doing a flyby of SE London
That isn't geeky! Flying over London would be the first thing I'd do if I was driving the Enterprise :)

although it's size may make it a bit hard to manoeuvre, and economically inefficent, given the amount of staff members needed to operate it for such a short and whimsical expedition. A smaller shuttle type ship, such as Voyager's SC-4 :shifty: might be more appropriate

3341 - 3360 of 3609 Posts