SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Live!
698 Posts
Street and Urban Furniture Around The World

I would like to create a new topic here to highlight the best examples of street furniture in the world. Because the city is made for everybody and street furniture or urban furniture should suit most of the people, including disabled, older, children, blind, ... What do you like? What you don't like and what you would like to see? What are good and bad examples, beautiful, strange or funny examples?

To start the thread, here are a few examples :

I like the sleek design and the mix of wood and dark concrete.

Here, there is air conditioning for the bus stop, therefore it is closed...

The famous Curitiba bus stop

Here, the benches and the paths create a plant or a flower if you want

The famous touristic signage system designed by Philippe Starck

And you, what are your best examples?

·
Live!
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New interesting street furniture

A time viewer!
In fact, you look inside and you see what was there in previous times :

An urban barbecue that got the green dot award:

I like here the different colors in the lighting system :

Here, I like the sleek design :

And here, a real bedroom! :

·
Live!
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be for you criterias for a good street furniture?
I am trying to animate this topic, please, a bit of answers could be helpful so I could provide new interesting pictures :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Great examples! It's amazing how good quality street furniture can improve the appearance of public spaces. That time viewer seems to be a very good idea for historical places :cheers:

·
Live!
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great examples! It's amazing how good quality street furniture can improve the appearance of public spaces. That time viewer seems to be a very good idea for historical places :cheers:
Thanks Agus and welcome on the thread.
Yes, it is an interesting idea. I think street furniture should be made to improve our quality of life :)

·
Live!
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The interesting seat on a pole in Paris from Damien Gire in 2009.

And this bicycle parking with pump included on a parking spot. I love it!
It was in London Derry for a limited time in 2010...

What I like also is these bench with a small tablet, so you can sit normally, have a backrest and you can sit up also standing. I can go to the park with my computer ;)

·
Live!
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When urban furniture follows the same style as the building it is next to :

France, Montpellier Zaha Hadid, "Pierres Vives" project.
If you are curious, benches were produced by www.urbastyle.com

If you have better pictures of Montpellier street furniture at Pierres Vives, do not hesitate to post...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi, doy you know guys where I can get a visualistation or a design patterns of BENCHES? I need it for my project. I am looking a inspiration for my own bench project. I will be awesome if anyone could post a pics of benches from hometown. I look for something modern and practical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I very pleased to see that these types of appliance acquire some of the a lot of intricate architectural designs accompanying with amazing appliance superior and coloration.

·
culled
19,411 Posts
Going to boringly bring up function over style for a bit. A typical modern Wolverhampton bin:

When opened up contains one of these inside:

Which is quite good standardisation. Means the street bins can be emptied by domestic lorries.

This is a typical bus stop around here:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have seen some great as well as funny urban furniture designs here. Some of the designs look really pleasing and admiring that they can perfectly match both small and big cities.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts